Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks
QuickBooks has gained an extensive reputation as one of the safest accounting software available in the market. The accounting software offers no harm to the operating system, and users can easily manage their financial transactions with ease. However, QuickBooks is restricted by Windows Firewall for safety reasons. Multiple factors contribute to the restriction of accounting software in the system. Read the article to the end to know more reasons that push Windows Firewall to block QuickBooks and fixation methods.
What Errors Are Caused When Firewall Blocks QuickBooks?
There are certain sets of errors that are caused when a firewall blocks essential components of QuickBooks. Some of the major errors are:
These are the major errors that are caused when QuickBooks is restricted by Firewall. However, there are various other errors that are not identified when Firewall blocks QuickBooks.
Reasons Behind Firewall Blocking QuickBooks
There are certain reasons that cause the error. It is essential to understand the different reasons behind a Firewall blocking QuickBooks to find the optimum fixation method. Some of the reasons behind the error are:
- QuickBooks is Blocked: Sometimes, QuickBooks is automatically present in the blocked list of Windows Firewall. Also, third-party antivirus software permanently blocks the application.
- Closed Ports: When the computer does not pass the internet access ports, the Windows Firewall restricts the access of QuickBooks. Since QuickBooks does not rely on other ports, the specific port is essential for proper functioning.
Solutions to Fix Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Error
Now that you know what’s causing the problem, you must try all the solutions listed below to fix the issue and avoid any trouble in the future.
Include Firewall Exception
You must add QuickBooks to the Firewall exceptions list to fix the issue. In some cases, if the ports are open, Firewall completely blocks the application. To add QuickBooks to the list of exceptions, follow the steps below.
- Open Update and Security settings by navigating to the Windows icon.
- In the Windows security tab from the left panel, click on Firewall and Network & Security option.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings from the list.
- Next, click on Inbound Rules and select the New Rule option.
- Open the programs menu and select the next button.
- Check This Program Path option and click on Browse.
- Select the path where QuickBooks is downloaded and installed.
- Once you have selected the path, check to Allow The Connection option.
- Checkmark all the three options, which are domain, private and public
- Give a specific name to the rule and click on Finish.
Also, Check How to Fix QuickBooks Network Error
Once you have completed the process in chronological order, repeat the same process for outbound rules and check for the error. If the error persists, jump to the next method.
Arrange Firewall Ports
Since closed ports are one of the major causes of the error, you must arrange Firewall ports by following the steps below to fix the issue.
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and navigate to the Port Monitor Tab.
- Note the port number and open the Update and Security tab by pressing Windows+I on the keyboard.
- Click on the Windows Security Tab and select the Firewall and Network & Security option.
- From the Advanced Settings, click on Inbound Rules and select the new rule.
- Select the Port option and click Next.
- Next, click on TCP and select the specified local ports option.
- Use the respective port number of your QuickBooks version and click on Next.
- Select the option that states Allow the Connection and ensure that all three options, domain, private and public, are check marked.
- Next, give a specific name to the new rule.
Similarly, repeat the entire process for outbound rules and check for the error.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Support Experts
If both the methods mentioned above do not solve the issue, it is advised that the problem might be associated with a technical glitch. You must immediately contact our team of QuickBooks desktop support experts on the toll-free number mentioned above.
Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks FAQs
How To Turn Off Windows Firewall?
You can turn off Windows Firewall by following the points listed below:-
Open Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall
Hit Turn Windows Firewall on or off
Select the disable Windows Firewall
What is the major cause behind the Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Error?
The primary cause behind the error is closed ports. When the computer does not pass the internet access ports, the Windows Firewall restricts the access to QuickBooks.