Repair QuickBooks PDF Error
QuickBooks is amazing accounting software that can help you to deal with your hazards. But sometimes, QuickBooks can interrupt you with its errors. One of these errors is the QuickBooks PDF error. Due to this error, you can not save your file in PDF format or create any PDF. Here are some troubleshooting methods for you if you’re having the same problem.
Reasons Behind the PDF error in QuickBooks Desktop
There can be different reasons for this error, such as QuickBooks unrecoverable error, any issue with the printer, Freezed or unresponsive QuickBooks, Any missing component, etc. Whatever the reasons are, let’s have a look at some methods to troubleshoot the issue.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Unable To Create PDF Error
Method – 1: Reinstalling Microsoft XPS
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the QuickBooks Pdf error.
- First, you have to verify that XPS services are enabled. For that, follow the steps below.
- Click on Windows or Start button
- Go to the control panel
- Head towards the system group
- Click on uninstall/change a program
- Click on Turn Windows features on
- Scroll down and check whether the XPS services and the XPS viewer are enabled
- Checkmark both boxes and hit ok
- Check whether the problem is solved
If the pdf issue in QuickBooks desktop is not solved by now, follow the steps mentioned below
Reinstall XPS Document Writer in Windows 8
If you are using Windows 8, follow the steps below to reinstall the XPS document writer.
- Go to the Start screen option
- Select settings
- Go to control panel
- Select devices and printers
- Go to the Microsoft XPS document writer icon and right-click on that
- Click on the remove device option
- Click on yes to confirm
- Now, go to the toolbar
- Click on Add a printer option
- Select Add a local printer/network with manual settings
- Select PORTPROMPT- local port
- Click on next
- Select Microsoft
- The manufacturer list will now open. Click on Microsoft XPS document writer v4.
- Hit next
- Select the option ” Replace the current driver” and again tap on next.
- Bring out version 4 and ensure that its name is Microsoft XPS document writer.
- Click on the finish button
- Reinstalling XPS document writer for Windows 7 and Vista
Follow the below-mentioned steps if you are a Windows 7 or Vista user.
- Go to the windows start menu
- Select drivers and printers
- Right-click on the MS XPS document writer icon
- Select the “remove the device” option
- Tap on yes
- Go to the toolbar
- Select Add a printer
- Select add a local
- After that, you have to select “use an existing port.”
- Select XPSPort and click on the Next tab
- Select Microsoft and choose Microsoft XSL Document writer
- Click on the next tab
- Select ” Replace current driver”
- Your problem should be solved by now.
Method – 2: Download, Install & Run QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
In the latest QuickBooks desktop versions, QuickBooks desktop came up with a repair tool-based method to repair various QuickBooks desktop errors. QuickBooks Tool Hub is a combination of small QuickBooks desktop error repairing tools in a universal platform.
Download, Install & Run QuickBooks desktop tool hub to access QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair application.
In older QuickBooks, desktop versions use QuickBooks Print & PDF repair tool which is a separate application that is used to fix PDF file errors & printer errors.
Follow these steps to download, install & run QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool.
- First, transfer and run QuickBooks print and PDF Repair Tool
- Perform the .pdf file-related task on that tool to find the error
- If you find any error, reboot the system and try again
- Print the XPS document author and save it as a PDF file with the help of XPS document author elements.
- Open the notepad and type anything on it
- Go to the file and click on print
- Select the XPS document author and click on print
- Select the desktop within and navigate to the same
- Check whether the XPS document written from the tab is readable or not
Method – 3: To Repair MSXML 6.0, RUN System File Checker
It is a special feature given by Microsoft to repair Windows system files. To use it properly, follow the steps given below.
For Windows 8:
If you are a Windows 8 user, follow the steps mentioned below
- Click on the Windows start button.
- After typing the command, click on it.
- Select the option “run as an admin” from the bottom bar.
- Now you’ll be asked to enter your admin password. Provide it and then click on OK.
- Type SFC/scan now.
For Windows 7 And Windows Vista
Follow the below-mentioned steps if you are a Windows 7 or Windows Vista user.
- Tap on the Windows Start option.
- Head towards all programs and click on the accessories option.
- Right-click on the command prompt
- Select the option “run as admin.”
- If you’re asked to enter the admin password, provide if.
- Type “SFC/scan now,” and you’re good to go.
Method – 4: Check If Reconcile Window Appears Off Of The Screen
Sometimes, if a user selects reconcile from the banking menu, it locks up the QuickBooks. In this case, the reconcile window can appear on the desktop screen.
To resolve this problem, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to the Window menu and check if the QuickBooks desktop reconcile window is listed in the list there.
- Select close all
- Start the reconciliation process all again.
Method – 5: Managing Windows User Permissions For XPS Document Writer
You can try managing windows user permission for XPS document writer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the printer’s control panel
- Right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writer panel
- Select Printer Properties from the drop-down menu
- Click on the security option
- Find the user cluster
- Press on the add tab option
- There you have to type in everyone
- Click on the check names option
- Click on the OK button
- Press on the print option
- Checkmark on the row that has the “allow” column
- Click on the Ok button.
- Go to C:\Windows\system32\spool in.
- Go to the printer’s option and right-click on that
- Tap on the security option
- Hit the edit option and add respectively
- Enter the local service
- Check the local service and make sure that it has full control
- Tap on the OK button
- Now open your QuickBooks and try to create a PDF file.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts For Help
This error stops you from creating a PDF or saving any PDF on your system, and that can put you in serious problems. It is advised to solve this issue as soon as possible.
You can now solve the PDF error in QuickBooks by using these methods. Hope you succeeded in troubleshooting your issues after reading these methods. If you still can’t solve the problem after trying all of these methods, call the QuickBooks error support phone number for assistance.