Reckon Printer Not Activated Error Code 30
Reckon is one of the most famous accounting software out there. It can help you with accounting, tax operations, payroll, etc. Though this software has many unique features, like any other software, you can encounter several errors. Reckon printer not activated error code 30 is one of the most common printer-related errors of this accounting software.
Why Does The Printer Not Activated Error Code 30 In Reckon Occurs?
This error code cannot occur due to several reasons. Some of the most important reasons are as follows –
- You can face this issue if you are using software versions newer than the 2016 edition in a Windows server older than 2016 (2008,2012, or 2016).
- The qbprint.qbp and WPR.ini files are the most common reasons behind the issue.
- You can face this issue if your printer drives are out of date.
How to Fix Reckon printer not activated error code 30?
You can solve this problem by trying some troubleshooting methods. The most useful methods are mentioned below.
Method 1: Save an email as a PDF using the current version of RAB directly from the server
You can try to save an email as a PDF using the current version of RAB from the server directly. This method may work as there are some changes in the Amyuni PDF driver that started in RAB 2016.
The steps are mentioned below to do the changes
- Close the recent version of RAB
- Now, install the Reckon Account business 2015 without activation.
- Then open the installation folder you have installed (Reckon Accounts Business 2015) and copy the fileQBWPR32.dll.
- Go to the installation folder of the current version of your Reckon accounts business And rename the existing QBWPR32.dll to QBWPR32.dll.old.
- Now you have to paste the file QBWPR32.dll from Reckon accounts business 2015 installation folder
- Now you are good to go
If the problem isn’t solved by using this method, try using the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: delete the qbprint.qbp and WPR.ini files
qbprint.qbp and WPR.ini files are common reasons behind this error. To solve this, you can try deleting these files from your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to do that.
For Windows 7/8/10
In Windows 7/8/10, the files are located in two different locations in the system and you have to delete the files from both. The locations are
C:\Users\All Users\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx and C:\Program Data\Intuit\ReckonAccounts xxxx-xx.
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ReckonAccounts #### (where #### is your installed version)
- Steps to find and delete them
- Go to the windows start menu at the bottom right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Navigate to computer
- You’ll be able to see the box search computer in the top right corner of the screen. Go there and inter QBPRINT.QBP. Hit Enter.
- You’ll now be able to see all the QBPRINT.QBP files on the system screen.
- Select all of those and hit delete.
- Repeat the same process to delete the WPR.INI files.
For Windows XP
In Windows XP the files are located in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx (where X represents the year of QuickBooks product currently in use)
To find and delete those files
- Tap on the start menu of the Windows located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to search.
- Click on all files and folders
- Tap on more advanced options
- Tick on Search hidden files and folders and search for subfolders.
- Now, you have to enter QBPRINT.QBP
- Choose Local Hard Drives (C:)
- Tap on the search option.
- In the search result, you will be able to see the QBPRINT.QBP files
- Right click on all of those and hit delete.
- Now you must delete WPR.INI using the same procedure.
- If your issue is still unsolved, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Method 3: Make sure that your printer drivers are up to date
One of the most common causes of the Reckon printer not activated error code 30 is a lack of information. If your printer drivers are not updated, it may prevent you from printing your documents. You easily fix this problem by following a few steps.
Though it can be done by using several ways, the best and the easiest way to do that is downloading the latest printer drivers for your model.
- You can go to your printer’s manufacturing website and download the latest driver from there.
- Go to the official website of your printer’s manufacturer
- Search for the latest updates
- Install those and replace them with old ones.
(Note– You can also reinstall your printer drivers, but in that, make sure to modify your registry after reinstalling the drivers.)
Method 4: Contact Reckon Support Experts
If no troubleshooting method mentioned above does not fix Reckon printer not activated error code 30, it’s better to go for expert advice. You can contact Reckon support experts at +1877-708-5420 for assistance. Make sure to have your basic details while calling.
Also, Read How to Fix QuickBooks Printer not activated error code 30
Reckon printer not activated error code 30 can be disturbing as it prevents you from printing your PDF files and documents. You can try the above-mentioned methods to solve the error.