Quicken Error OL-221-A
Quicken is a hassle-free medium to manage financial transactions and track the progress of personal and small business finance. The software is extensively used worldwide because of its unique features and simple interface. Sometimes, there are various Quicken Errors that pop up while users work on the software and you require error support. One such error is the Quicken error OL-221-A. This error is caused because of various reasons. Read the article to the end to learn about the causes and troubleshooting methods of Quicken error OL-221-A.
What is Quicken Error OL-221-A?
Quicken error OL-221-A appears on the screen when users try to download transactions from their financial institution. When the internet connection is compromised or the bank server is down, the error code becomes inevitable.
Causes of Quicken Error OL-221-A
Some of the major causes of Quicken error OL-221-A are:
- Network disruption is one of the major causes of Quicken error OL-221-A
- When the Quicken software is unable to reach the bank server, the error will appear on the screen.
- When a virus or malware damages the important components of Quicken
- When Quicken software is not installed properly
Also, Check How to Fix Quicken Error CC-800
Symptoms of Quicken Error OL-221-A
Some of the symptoms that you will witness in the presence of error OL-221-A are:
- Windows system will freeze
- The inputs from the mouse and keyboard will become slow
- Quicken software will crash at frequent intervals
- The error code OL-221-A will appear on the screen
- Quicken will not connect with the bank server
If you experience these symptoms, you must resort to troubleshooting the error to avoid any future hassle.
Troubleshooting Methods of Quicken Error OL-221-A
Here are some of the easy fixes for Quicken error OL-221-A.
Clean Install Quicken Software
Sometimes clean installation solves various fixes and errors. To clean install Quicken software, follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Click on the Program and Features Tab and search for Quicken
- Once you find the software, click on the Uninstall/Change on top of the screen
- Follow the instructions to finish the Quicken uninstall process
- Restart your computer to make the changes
- Download the latest version of Quicken from the official website or install the setup from CD
- Accept the terms and conditions of Quicken and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
Once you have successfully reinstalled the software, check for the error OL-221-A. If the issue still exists, try the next method.
Perform Virus Scan on the System
Sometimes viruses and malware corrupt the important files of Quicken, which leads to Quicken error OL-221-A. You can easily fix the error by performing a malware scan on the system. The scan will detect and automatically delete the dangerous files.
Delete Temporary Files From the System
To delete temporary files from the system effectively, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows+R key on the keyboard to open the Run box
- Type temp and %temp% to locate all the temporary files
- Select all the temporary files and documents and click on the delete option.
Once all the files are deleted, check for the error code. If the error still exists, try the next method.
Update Bank Details
The error appears when there is a communication gap between Quicken and the bank server.
To update your bank details in Quicken, follow the steps below:
- Open Quicken and navigate to the Tools menu
- Click on the One Step Update Summary and search for the error code under the topic discussion
- Click on the Account Actions
- Click on the Update Now button
- Once the details are updated, close the application.
Open the software again and check for the error. If the error still appears on the screen, try the next method.
Update Quicken Application
The error is unavoidable if you’re using an older version of Quicken. Since the bank regulates and makes necessary updates for security purposes, the outdated version does not align with the new updates made by the financial institution.
To update the application, follow the steps below:
- Open Quicken and navigate to the help menu
- Click on the Check For Updates option
- If the updates are available, click on yes to initiate the process
Restart your device once the process is done and look for the error.
Contact Quicken Experts
If the Quicken Error OL-221-A still exists after trying all the methods above, you must contact the support team at our toll-free helpline above. Our support team of Quicken experts is experienced individuals who are committed to resolving the issue of Quicken users to the earliest.
Quicken Error OL-221-A FAQs
What is Quicken Error OL-221-A?
Quicken error OL-221-A appears when the connection between accounting software and financial institution is compromised and users try to download transactions from the bank.
How to Delete Temporary files using the Run box?
You can open the run box by pressing the Windows+R key and typing temp in the box. Select all of the temporary files and delete them.
Does Disabling Firewall solve the error OL-221-A?
Yes, disabling the firewall in the system can solve the error in some cases. However, there are different other methods that you can try instead of compromising the security of your system.