QuickBooks Update Error 15270
There are different errors that users had to face while operating or updating QuickBooks desktop 2021. Once QuickBooks users get stuck with errors like QuickBooks update error 15270 it does not allow QuickBooks payroll to update successfully.
How To Fix Quickbooks Update Error Code 15270
Table of Contents
QuickBooks update error 15270 occurs when QuickBooks users try to update QuickBooks payroll.
QuickBooks error code 15270 says that the payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file. For solution steps, note the error and speak with technical support or the payroll support team.
There can be various reasons for QuickBooks error 15270. The error code comes with a warning message shown below:
Anyways, you can easily fix this error by taking some simple steps. Read the whole article to learn more about the instructions.
Signs of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
- The error crashes all the active programs running on your desktop.
- The error also crashes your computer if there is a similar program running.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15270
- If the update files are not downloaded completely
- There is a chance that user account settings are turned on.
- You may not have selected Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Program files are malfunctioning.
- The QuickBooks program is not working correctly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error Code 15270
Solution 1- Turn off the User Account Control:
- To turn off the user account control in Windows 7, 8 OS, first go to the Windows menu and open the control panel tab.
- Then choose the view opt and set it by large icons.
- After that, open the User Accounts.
- And then, go to the slider and select the OK button.
If you want to turn off the user account control in Windows Vista,
- Go to the Windows control panel by clicking on the windows start main button.
- Double click on the Users Accounts.
- And just simply turn off user account control.
- After that, click on the ‘Use User Account Control’ to clear it.
- Click OK and restart the PC.
Solution 2- Update QuickBooks through Main Menu:
Close the QuickBooks and reopen it.
If your screen displays ‘QuickBooks Update Service, ‘ just click the “Install Later” option and move on.
- Click on the help icon and then go to update QuickBooks.
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ > ‘Get Update’ > “Reset Updates”.
- Press OK to start the update.
- Once the update is complete, simply restart your QuickBooks.
- Then select the install now button once the
- “QuickBooks Update Service” is displayed on the screen.
- If you wish to install the QuickBooks payroll updates once more, simply go to the “Employees” > “Get Payroll Updates”
- Select download the entire payroll update and click on the “update” option.
If the above-mentioned steps cannot solve the error code 15270, you can follow the alternative steps given below.
Check your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription
There are different payroll subscriptions inside QuickBooks. Make sure if one of them is active or not.
- Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll:
- Open the “Employees” window, then go to “My Payroll Service”.
- Select “Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences”.
- From there, you can see whether your subscription is active or not.
- Assisted Payroll:
- Again go to the “Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences” tab, just like mentioned before.
- The moment ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance’ windows pop out, simply just shut down the display.
There is a possibility that you are utilizing social security numbers even though you have the employer identification number or EIN in short. You need to enter the service key code before you open QuickBooks.
After that, follow the instructions below:
- Run the “Reboot.bat”.
- Open “Programs” then “Internet Options. Make Internet Explorer your default browser and change your internet connection from Wi-Fi to hardwire.
- After that, you can turn off your user account controls temporarily. Now restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
However, this procedure only works on Windows Vista 7 and 8 users.
Solution 3- Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
If you are eager to fix the error code 15270, you can install QuickBooks tools hub on your PC. It sure can help to fix the error problem.
- To do so, close your QuickBooks from your PC.
- Then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from any browser on your PC.
- Once it’s downloaded, go to this PC and then download the folder to open the (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) file.
- Simply install the QB tools hub by following the instructions on the screen.
- Next, choose to restart your PC and open the QB tools hub.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts
And that is all. Now you can easily solve the QuickBooks update error 15270. However, remember to follow the instructions correctly to ensure you do not miss any steps.
In case you fail to recover the QuickBooks desktop from QuickBooks error code 15270. Get in touch with the QuickBooks error support team on the toll-free provided above.