QuickBooks POS Error 121
QuickBooks POS Error 121 is a real ugly point of sale error when you get a warning text saying Permission is denied. QuickBooks Point of sale users is usually nontechie as their main job role is recording the sales.
How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 121?
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error 212 is also known as QB “Permission denied error”. This is a very common problem that QB users often face. If you are one of them and looking for the solution. This article is for you. This article will discuss every step of troubleshooting the QuickBooks POS error 121.
Why does the QuickBooks Point of Sale error generally happen?
Users can face the issue due to different reasons, but generally, it happens when you don’t sign in to QuickBooks as an admin. In short, when anyone but the admin signs in, it happens. If you do any activity that requires admin rights, this issue can occur as you are not the admin.
This is the reason it’s always suggested to sign in to QuickBooks as an Administrator, especially if you are willing to download any QuickBooks updates or make any changes.
What is QuickBooks POS Error 121?
QuickBooks error code 121 means that you have to sign in the POS to another system rather than the system admin where you are getting these errors. Usually, when this issue occurs, QB shows a pop-up warning message like “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts”. It means QB denied your request to make any changes as a guest user.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 121
You need to erase all the present data in the Entitlement Client folder & remove the WSActivity.xml file to fix this issue. Before you start the resolving process, you have to ensure that all the Point of Sale processes & services is blocked or stopped. Let’s discuss the steps of troubleshooting this issue in detail.
Step 1: Close all the POS processes & services
- First, You have to select the “Task Manager” tab.
- After that, choose the required Processes.
- Make sure to locate & close all the processes
- Shut down the Task Manager process
- In the Windows search option, enter the “services.msc”
- Now, go to the Services window; look for “QBPOS Database Manager XX” (“XX” means QuickBooks version)
- Stop all the services & turn off the services windows.
Sometimes, the problem is solved only by following these steps, but if you still have the problem, follow the steps given below.
Step 2: Delete the Required Files
- You have to View the hidden Windows folders which are
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Windows XP
- Vista and Windows 7
- You have to move to the location depending on your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Vista and Windows 7: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP:
- Hit onto all the files in the folder & click on the “Delete” tab.
- Move to the previous location:
C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
- Go to the INI folder, and delete the WSActivity file.
- Open the Point of Sale again & download and install the required updates.
- Complete the final registration process.
Step 3: End all the Point of Sale processes & services
- Open the “Task Manager” tab
- Go to the “Processes” tab
- Find and end the following processes:
- Close the “Task Manager” tab
Contact QuickBooks POS Experts to Fix Error 121
Hope you have troubleshot your issues following these procedures. Make sure to take care of every step while following this process, and do not avoid a single step in a hurry.
If you do every step with care, you might get out of this issue, but if you face any issues even after following the steps in the right way, it is advisable to contact QuickBooks Error Support for help.