QuickBooks Not Working After Windows 10 Update
QuickBooks is robust accounting software that supports different operating systems without any hassle. However, many individuals face problems after Windows 10 update. This has become one of the common errors that users face while working on different features of the QuickBooks desktop 2022. There are various possible causes and symptoms that resolve QuickBooks not working after windows 10 update with ease. Before reaching out to the technical support team, you must read this guide to the end for detailed information on the possible reasons and fixation methods for the error.
Reasons for QuickBooks Abnormality After Windows 10 Update
Windows 10 update is a heavy and robust update for Windows users. However, several apps, including QuickBooks, are facing trouble after the installation of the new update. Some of the major reasons for QuickBooks abnormality after the Windows 10 update are:
- Compatibility issues between Windows 10 and QuickBooks are the major reason for software abnormality.
- The error will restrict the users from working on the software when the company file is damaged or corrupted after the Windows 10 update.
- Incompatible Internet settings are also a major reason behind the error.
- When Windows upgrades are not installed properly on the system
- When certain components of Windows and QuickBooks are damaged.
Backup Your QuickBooks Data
Since QuickBooks company files contain essential data related to business, you must back up your QuickBooks company file before fixing the issue to avoid any sudden data loss. To backup QuickBooks data, follow the steps below.
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the File menu.
- Select the backup company option and create a local backup.
- Under the options tab, click on the store where you want to create the backup.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select Save it Now and click the Finish button to initiate the backup process.
Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Abnormality After Windows 10 Update
There are various fixation methods through which you can ensure that QuickBooks works efficiently after Windows 10 update. Follow the methods in sequential order to fix the issue.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Tool Hub offers a variety of tools that individuals can use to fix various QuickBooks errors. If you face issues in QuickBooks after Windows 10 update, follow the steps below.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub that is present in the software. In older versions, users will have to download the software from the official website.
- In the utility tool, navigate to the Installation Issues Tab.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
After running the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. Wait for the diagnostic process to finish and restart the system. If the error persists, try the next method.
Restore To Previous Version of Windows 10
Users can restore Windows 10 to the previous version to remove any app or program that might have hampered QuickBooks.
To restore to the previous version, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Windows start icon and navigate to the Settings option.
- Click on the Update and Security button.
- Navigate to Windows and Update the security.
- Select the Recovery tab and search for the option that states Go Back To An Earlier Build section.
- Next, click on Get Started option and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Once you have restored Windows 10 to the previous version, check for the error. If you still see the abnormality error, follow the points.
End Process QBW32.exe
To end the QBW32.exe process, follow the steps below.
- Open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button on the keyboard.
- Click on the tab details and search for the QBW32.exe file.
- Once you locate the file, click on the file and end the task to restart the QuickBooks software.
Also, Read about QuickBooks desktop security update 2022
To do a troubleshoot compatibility, follow the points below.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Open File Location option.
- Open the QuickBooks file location and right-click on the QuickBooks file, and then click on the properties option.
- Under the properties box, click on the compatibility tab and run the software.
- Select the Windows and try changing the Windows compatibility mode.
- Hit the apply button and press OK to confirm.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts
All the methods mentioned above will solve the issue that users face after Windows 10 update. However, if you still witness the error after trying all the methods, reach out to our QuickBooks desktop support team for technical assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Windows 10 Update Deletes QuickBooks Data?
No, Windows 10 update does not delete QuickBooks Data. In some cases, the company file is damaged after the update.
How To Contact QuickBooks Support Team for Technical Assitance?
You can contact our QuickBooks desktop support team at +1877-708-5420.