QuickBooks Error C=1304
Quickbooks is accounting software that provides an easier way to track and merge your organization’s financial data. However, like other software, it too suffers from glitches, and one of them is the QuickBooks Error C=1304.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error C=1304 – Error writing to file?
Table of Contents
Here we will look at the steps to fix this issue. But before proceeding with the solutions, you will need to understand what causes the error in your QuickBooks desktop. Once you understand the root cause of the error. It will be easy for you to troubleshoot the issue using this DIY guide for error C=1304.
What Causes QuickBooks Error C=1304 – Error writing to file?
There are many reasons for getting the QuickBooks Error C=1304. But in this article, you are going to look at the major reasons that cause this issue:
- One of the common reasons is when you have some issues with the CD drive.
- Another factor that leads to this error is when your CD gets damaged or when the CD drive isn’t functioning properly.
- If there is any damage to the Microsoft .NET suit or its components, you can get the QuickBooks Error C=1304 error code.
- You don’t have permission to go beyond the catalog or the file you are about to open.
Possible Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
So, we understand that these errors can happen at any time. You can fix this issue by copying the QuickBooks desktop installation folders from the disk to the hard drive on your computer.
Three ways are there to fix the error and so, let us proceed to them one by one for your convenience:
Using The Main CD To Replace Existing Installation Files
You can use your root CD drive to correct the QuickBooks Error C=1304. Achieve this purpose by following these simple steps:
First, replace the installation files from CD to the hard drive:
- Insert your QuickBooks CD into the CD drive and click on the quit menu when the installation starts
- Now go to C: drive, create a new folder and paste the files.
- In Windows, select the desktop on the left pane.
- After that, click organize and click on create a new folder
- Rename the folder QuickBooks for your convenience.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks CD and hit the Explore button.
- Choose the setup.exe file in the right pane
- Hold the Ctrl key, followed by selecting the folders and files.
- Choose copy on the highlighted folder.
- Come to the QuickBooks folder, hit the right-click button, and paste the files
- Install QuickBooks and open the source file location.
- Double-click on the setup.exe file and begin the installation process
- Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the correction.
Restore Them Manually
If the above method fails to work, you can use this option to correct the QuickBooks Error C=1304. It is also known as the advanced computer user solution and involves the following steps:
- Log in as the system administrator.
- Click on the start button.
- Go to All programs – then system tools – accessories
- Click on the system restore settings
- Select restore the computer to an earlier date from the window
- Restart the system when the restoration is complete.
Use The Reimage Repair Tool
Anyone can download the Reimage Repair device programming as it is completely free. It also allows you to check, fix, and recognize issues that show up while utilizing your bookkeeping programming.
Download the tool by:
- Navigating to the file location and then double-tap on the icon
- After that, hover to the User Account Control that will show a message “if you do non-existence to control the program, click Yes to continue.”
- You will see the welcome screen
- Ensure to keep the checkbox unticked to allow the repair tool to scan. After that, click install to start the process.
- Install the reimage tool and ensure that the internet connection is not lost
- Once the installation is complete, the tool will scan your system
- You will know about the damaged areas of the PC
- Click on the Repair button to correct the QuickBooks Error C=1304
- Restart the system and let the repair process take effect.
In QuickBooks desktop versions after 2019, QuickBooks tool hub has the reimage repair tool integrated inside its features. Click on the highlighted link to learn how to use reimage repair feature in QuickBooks tool hub.QB TOOL HUB 2021 to fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
Contact QuickBooks Data Recovery Experts For Resolution
Implementing any three methods will help you fix the QuickBooks Error C=1304. In case, continue to face continuous eros, contact the 24X7 QuickBooks data recovery support desk for more solutions. Generally, you can fix these errors using the three methods shown above.