QuickBooks Error 9999
One of the trusted and powerful accounting software available in the market is QuickBooks. The accounting software is used by small and medium-scale businesses for managing financial transactions. While using the software, users often encounter a specific error that reduces the program’s efficiency. One of the common errors faced in QuickBooks is error 9999. Read the article to know more about the causes and troubleshooting methods of error 9999.
What is QuickBooks Error 9999?
QuickBooks error 9999 is also known as script error. The error blocks your internet connection and QuickBooks online. However, the block ensures the safety of private information from forgery attacks. The error message appears in two forms which are
- Error Message: Sorry, we can’t update your bank account. Please try updating again later. (9999).
- Error code-9999- Can’t update
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 9999
Script error or banking errors, there are various reasons associated with the error code 9999. Some of the major causes of the error are:
- When antivirus blocks the connection of your bank’s website and software server
- The error also appears when the cache files of the browser are not cleared.
- Bank issues also lead to error 9999 in QuickBooks.
- When the internet connection is slow, the error appears on the screen as the establishment process between the bank server and software fails.
These are some of the major causes which must be fixated to the earliest to avoid any data loss because of the error.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 9999
There are various ways to fix the QuickBooks error 9999. You must try any one of the methods to resolve the issue. Use the methods mentioned below to fix the QuickBooks error 9999
Update Your Bank Account
The easiest fix of error 9999 is updating the bank account. To perform the process, follow the steps below:
- Open QuickBooks online and search for the banking tab.
- In the banking tab, click on the update button.
- Follow the same step three or four times and check for the error.
If the error code 9999 still appears, try the next fixation method.
Log in to Bank Website Using the Web Browser
Security reasons limit the login process from QuickBooks online. It is advised that you must open any web browser and log in to the official website of your respective bank. Enter the OTP and answer the critical security questions, which is part of additional verification. Once you log in to the website, update the bank feeds in QuickBooks online and look out for QuickBooks error 9999. If the error code appears on the screen, try the next method.
Disconnect and Reconnect Your Bank Account
To disconnect your bank account from the software, follow the points below:
- Open the software and navigate to the Banking tab.
- Click on the Edit icon on the respective account you wish to disconnect.
- From the account window, click on the disconnect this account option.
- Click save and close.
Reconnect Bank Account
Once you have disconnected your bank account, follow the steps below to reconnect your bank account.
- Navigate to the Banking tab and click on the Add account option
- Enter the bank details and click on continue
- Click on the Securely connect and click on the Bank icon.
- Select the account from the account type drop-down list
- Select a bank account or credit card account
- If you do not have any bank account, click on add new and press the connect button.
Clear Browser Cache Files
Sometimes the error appears when the cache files are not deleted. The steps to clear browser cache files are different for browsers. To clear the cache files in Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:
- Open Internet Explorer and press the Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys.
- From the Delete Browsing History Page, select all the temporary internet files and website files.
- Click on Delete.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support Team
If none of the fixation methods works, you must reach out to the QuickBooks Error Support team regarding error 9999. You can contact them at toll-free helpline number +1888-727-4587 and get a quick response.
QuickBoooks Error 9999 FAQ’s
Will QuickBooks Error 9999 Results in Data Loss?
If the error is not resolved to the earliest, it can lead to crucial data loss.
How can I delete cache files in Safari?
If you are using Safari, you can press the develop options on the top and click on the empty caches option.
What is the major reason for QuickBooks error 9999?
The major reason for QuickBooks error 9999 is failed connection between QuickBooks Online and the bank’s website.