QuickBooks Error 6147
QuickBooks is excellent accounting software that is used by entrepreneurs globally. Though it is excellent software, users can face several errors while using this. QuickBooks Error 6147,0 is one of the most common errors of QuickBooks, and here is all about that.
What is QuickBooks error 6147 0?
QuickBooks Error 6147 is an error code of the 6000 series. When the QuickBooks desktop 2022 cannot restore a backup from the local system, it occurs. You can also face this error if Quickbooks cannot open the company file on the backup file. This error can stop you from working on your company file.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6147 occur?
QuickBooks Error 6147 0 due to several reasons. Some of the key reasons are listed here.
- You can face this error if your company file is damaged or corrupted.
- It sometimes occurs when you try to restore a backup company file from an external drive or network
- If your company files consist of incorrect information or data, it can also happen.
- The company file is opened via a mapped drive. You can face this error if your mapped drive is anyhow deleted by mistake or by any third-party software on your system.
How to know that your QuickBooks is facing QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
Some symptoms indicate that your software is facing this error. As there are several errors you can encounter on the software, you should look for the symptoms to avoid confusion. The common symptoms are mentioned below
- Your company file is not opening
- You cannot restore the backup file.
- An issue was detected on your system, and it shuts down automatically without any manual investment.
- Your active program window is crashing.
How to Solve QuickBooks QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
If this error occurs in your system, it is natural to panic. Fortunately, there are some troubleshooting methods that you can follow to solve this issue.
Method 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is an amazing tool that is very beneficial to QuickBooks users. This tool automatically identifies the errors and fixes them. You have to install this on your software as it is not pre-installed. Once it is installed on your system, it will do its work, and you don’t have to bother much. Go through the steps mentioned below for doing it.
- First, go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks tool hub. Now, install the program on your system.
- Run the tool on your server computer
- Here, you will find different tabs. From those tabs, navigate to the company file issue tab.
- Here you will find the option to run QuickBooks file doctor. Select it.
- The files of the tool will now automatically open on your system.
- It will send you some instructions on your screen, and you have to follow them.
- Once it is done, your problem should be solved.
It is the best way to solve error 6147, 0. But, if you are still facing this error after applying this method, go to the next method.
Method 2: Move the QuickBooks file to another location
You can move your QuickBooks file to another location to solve this problem. Below are the steps for that.
- First, make sure that your hosting system is turned off.
- Head towards QuickBooks and click on the company file menu.
- From there, go to utilities
- Here you may see the stop-hosting multiple-user option.
- Select that and stop the access of multiple user hosting.
- Tap on yes and go to the next window for showing up.
- Again, tap on yes with the closed company file
- Now you have to try restoring the backup files on your system.
Method 3: Rename QuickBooks files such as .ND and .TLG file
You can try renaming .ND and .TLG files to solve this error. Here are the steps mentioned below for doing it.
- First, go to the folder where you have stored your company file.
- Open the company file and find the .ND and .TLG file:
- Select the file and right-click on it. Go to the rename option and add the word OLD at the end of each file name. The names of those files are changed.
- Now open your QuickBooks and try to enter in your company file.
Your issue should be resolved now but if, unfortunately, it is not solved, follow the steps mentioned below to solve it.
Method 4: Use Trend Micro Active Scan
You can go for a trend micro active scan to solve this error. For doing it, follow the steps mentioned below
- Find your company file and note down the location
- You have to carefully press the CTRL key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon. Make sure not to disturb the company file.
- Now, you will be able to see the company file on top.
- Choose the company file from the list.
- The company file list that you will now open should show you the file’s location.
- Now, head towards the scan setting in trend micro active scan.
- Find the folder of your company file and allow an exception for that.
- Now, try to open your company file.
Method 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
You can close all the QuickBooks processes and check whether the problem is solved or not. For doing that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to log in as an administrator on the server system
- After that, press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together
- Now, you have to show the processes for all the users, and for doing that, select the users’ tab.
- Select the QuickBooks processes from here
- and QBDBMgr.exe
- Now, click on the end task
- Lastly, complete the process by opening the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 6: Change the name of the .ADR file
You can also try changing the name of the QuickBooks auto data recovery file. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to the folder that has your company file in it.
- Find the .ADR file.
- Open the folder and search for the most recent file.
- Right-click on the most recent file and select the rename option from the drop-down menu.
- Rename the file to .qbw.
Method: 7 Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
You can use QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool to identify and fix the damaged company file. You can download it directly from the Intuit official website or install it from the QuickBooks tool hub. This is a very beneficial tool that can help you solve your issue.
Method 8: Accessing the Rebuild Utility
This is the last method that you can use. Follow the steps mentioned below for doing it:
- First, go to the File menu and head towards the utility tab.
- Choose rebuild data and select the ok tab ( If you get a prompt to back up the company file)
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
If you still have the issue after applying every troubleshooting method mentioned above properly, there is no way out except to contact the QuickBooks error support team on the toll-free helpline number +1877-708-5420 for further assistance.
FAQ’s QuickBooks Error 6147
1. What is the best way to fix QuickBooks error 6147?
This error mostly happens because of damaged or corrupt network data (.ND) and the transaction log file (.TLG). So the best option is to fix those files or rename them to solve the error.
2. What message shows up on the screen when the error occurs?
Error code -6147, 0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.“
“-6144, -82 This is not a QuickBooks data file, or there is a problem with the data file.”
3. Can be creating a backup help?
You can also try creating a backup in a different location to troubleshoot this error, as it can be helpful sometimes. Even if you don’t use the backup, you should always have one for any unfortunate situation.