QuickBooks Error 6073
QuickBooks is the finest accounting software that is used by businesses of all sizes. Like any other software, bugs and errors may arise anytime while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 6073 is one of them.
QuickBooks Error 6073 (Unable To Open Company File)
It is a common error that occurs when a user attempts to launch a company file in a multi-user configuration. The error comes up with an error message stating, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.” This is a very common error, but most users find it challenging to handle.
Here, in this article, we will discuss the QuickBooks error 6073, why it causes and how to fix this issue. So, keep reading.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
QuickBooks error 6073 is typically displayed when you attempt to launch a company file with the file extension .qbe in multi-user mode. An error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” may appear on the desktop. You should enable multi-user mode so that you can use both company files at the same time. If the file is found in a read-only network folder, it is recommended that the system administrator make the file accessible.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6073 Occurs?
QuickBooks error 6073 can occur due to several reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- If the file is open in single-user mode on another system.
- The error code may also appear if the file is accessed via remote software and the host system detects that you are still logged on.
- If the file is in a read-only network folder
- The error can occur if the files are hosted on a Linux server and you can use multiple sets of login credentials to access the shared folder.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
When the QuickBooks error code 6073 appears, you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to remove the error permanently.
Solution 1 – Use QB File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks tool hub and save the file
- Then open the downloaded file
- After that, install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Now double click on the Windows desktop to open the tool hub
- Then click on company file issues tab from the QB tool hub
- Click on the run QuickBooks file doctor
- Next, tap on the company file option from the drop-down menu
- Now opt for check your file and hit continue
- Then enter admin password and click on Next
Solution 2 – The Network Data Files (.nd) And Transaction Log Files (.tlg) Are Typically Identified As The Hidden Files
- Open your computer and then move to the Tools
- Click on folder
- Then go to the view tab and click on show hidden files and folders
- Now, open the data folder to see the network data files and transaction log file
- After that, right-click on the network data file and select properties
- Finally, delete the hidden option and click the OK button.
Solution 3 – Rename Corrupted Network Data File
Troubleshoot by using these QuickBooks data recovery steps:-
- Open windows explorer
- Search for the folder containing QuickBooks company file
- Then right-click on the company file with network data and QuickBooks company file extension
- Modify the file extension .old
- After that, click on Enter
- Next, open the QB and company file
Solution 4 – Manually Resolve The Error
Condition 1: If The Company File Is Open In Singular User Mode On The Host Computer
- Go to File and select Close company
- Then, re-open the company file
- Select open or restore company from the file menu
- Now open a company file and hit on Next
- Select your company file
- After that, open file in multi-user mode
Condition 2: If The Company File Is Open In Singular User Mode In Another PC
- At first, close QuickBooks desktop on all the computers
- Then, open the company file using the Host computer
- Now switch to the multi-user mode from the File menu
- Reboot all the computers, if the issue persists
Condition 3: If The Company File Is Placed In A Read-Only Network Folder
- Go to the computer hosting your file
- Then open the folder containing your company file
- Right-click on the file and choose properties
- Now go to the Security tab and opt for the user with login issues
- After that, hit on Edit
- Select allow and then click on apply
- Lastly, hit on OK
Condition 4: If The Computer Is Being Accessed Remotely Through GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, etc.
- Right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager
- Then select Processes and check for running processes under the user’s name you are having issues with
- Now restart your PC if you find processes under that user name
The above-discussed solutions will help you resolve QuickBooks error 6073. However, if you are unable to solve the issue or find any difficulty while following the steps, contact the QuickBooks error support team on +1877-708-5420 for quick assistance.