QuickBooks Error 6000 77
QuickBooks is a premium accounting software that is used by small business owners worldwide for managing their business transactions. The software features advanced tools like inventory management, payroll, bank feeds, and more that make the accounting process easy and hassle-free. However, the void of errors is present in the software. While working on the software, users might encounter various errors related to the company files, internet connection, SLS, and more. One such error is the QuickBooks error 6000 77. Read the article to the end to know more about the causes and fixation methods of the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
In simple terms, QuickBooks error 6000 77 occurs when the company file is stored in the wrong folder, or the software does not locate the file. Sometimes, access to important QuickBooks files also results in the error 6000 77.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
There are various causes of QuickBooks error 6000 77. Users must understand the causes to opt for the viable fixation method. Some of the major causes of QuickBooks error 6000 77 are:
- When users have restricted authorization to the server system, the error appears on the screen.
- If the QuickBooks company file is corrupted or damaged, the error 6000 77 will appear on the screen.
- When the company file is stored in an external drive instead of local storage or network
- When the software runs in multi-user mode while stating the error
- When multiple files are opened with reference to mapped drives in QuickBooks
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
There are a number of ways following which you can solve the error 6000 77 and protect your data from extensive damage. Some of the simple and efficient fixes for QuickBooks error 6000 77 are listed below.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
To run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you must download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. In the latest versions of the software, the QuickBooks Tool Hub is integrated with the platform.
To run the file doctor tool, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the utility tool and navigate to the company issues tab.
- You will see three options which are Quick Fix My File, QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, and Open QBWinlog Folder.
- Select the option Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- The tool will automatically detect the error and resolve the issue.
If the error still exists, try the next method.
Rename .ND and .TLG Files
Corrupted or damaged.ND and.TLG files also result in error 6000 77. To rename the files, follow the points below:
- Initially, locate the folder where the company file is stored.
- Generally, you can find the folder in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Locate the.ND and.TLG files in the folder
- Once you find the file, right-click on the respective files and click on rename option
- Add the word.OLD at the end of the respective file and repeat the entire process for both files.
Close the folder and check for errors in the software. If the error still exists, follow the next method.
Recreate the Damaged Folder
To re-create the damaged folder, follow the points listed below:
- Create a new folder going to C drive and open the folder where the company data is stored
- Search and locate the. QBW file and copy the file
- Open the new folder and paste the file.
- Set the access permissions to share the company file
- Open the software from the new folder location and check for errors.
If the error still exists, jump to the next fixation method.
Use UNC Path Instead of Mapped Drive
To use the UNC path instead of the mapped drive, follow the steps stated below:
- Right-click on QuickBooks Icon and select the Run as Administrator option
- Hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Window appears.
- Navigate to the File menu and click on Open or Restore Company, then click on open a company file
- Select the network option and open the path of your company file
- Select the company file and click OK
Contact Error Support
If none of the methods works, it is advised that you must contact our QuickBooks error support team at +1888-727-4587 for technical assistance in solving the problem.
More 6000 XX Errors in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 FAQs
- What is QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
QuickBooks error code 6000 77 happens when the company file is damaged, or the path of the file is excluded from the search range of the software.
- Can Firewall Configuration Fix the Error 6000 77?
You can configure the firewall and security settings to resolve the error.