Quickbooks Error 4120
QuickBooks, the most useful accounting software, is designed for businesses to manage their finances and accounts. Compared to other accounting software, the features of the software are unmatched. However, some certain errors and bugs might add hassle to the accounting process. Understanding the cause, effects, and prevention of these errors is essential for a hassle-free experience. One such error that is common in QuickBooks is error 4120 – the windows registry has been corrupted. This article will list the reason and fixation methods of the QuickBooks error 4120.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 4120 – Windows Registry has been Corrupted?
QuickBooks error 4120 can show up on your computer screen for various reasons. Some of the major causes of QuickBooks error 4120 are:
- The error shows up when there is a software change related to QuickBooks. The software change leads to a corrupted Windows registry.
- If you have not installed or downloaded the corrupted version of QuickBooks, the error 4120 pops up on the screen.
- When a certain virus enters the system which damages the Windows and QuickBooks important files
- The error 4120 also occurs when another program damages or deletes the QuickBooks system files.
- When QuickBooks executable files or other components are marked unsafe by antivirus or other security software
Effects of QuickBooks Error 4120 on Computer System
QuickBooks error 4120 can bring severe effects to your computer system. Some of the effects that you will see are:
- The computer will freeze multiple times at random for a few seconds
- The QuickBooks software will not function or work to the best of its abilities.
- The overall performance of the computer system will degrade in error 4120
- The reaction time of mouse and keyboard input will slow down
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 4120
Once you have encountered the error 4120, you must take prompt actions to resolve the issue and avoid a hassle in the future. There are ample methods through which you can resolve the QuickBooks 4120.
The list of methods to resolve the error are:
Reinstall QuickBooks Software
This is one of the easiest methods that you can follow to resolve the error 4120. To reinstall the software:
- Click on the Start button and scroll to the Control Panel
- Under Control Panel, click on the Uninstall option.
- You can either repair or reinstall the software as per your preferences. We would advise reinstalling the software to avoid any further complications.
Once you have repaired or reinstalled the software, restart your computer to make necessary changes. If the error still exists, try out the other methods mentioned below.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Another method that you can use to resolve the error 4120 is the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. To use the tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in your computer system
- Once the tool is downloaded, run the application, and it will automatically diagnose all crucial QuickBooks errors
- The error will be eliminated on its own
If the QuickBooks File Doctor tool is not able to resolve the issue, follow the next method listed below
Copy Company Related Files to Another System
You can also move or copy the company-related files to another system to resolve the issue. Follow the steps to start the process:
- Firstly, copy all the company related files and ensure that they are working in another system
- If the files are working, you must repair the Windows of the previous system to resolve the issue.
- If the files are corrupted, you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and eliminate the error.
Search for System Errors
Sometimes the error can be caused by various system errors. The steps required for the process are:
- Update the antivirus or other security program present in your computer system
- Once the antivirus is updated, open the program and scan the system.
- If the software detects any bugs, delete the virus and malware from the system.
Some of the other methods that you can use to solve the QuickBooks error 4120 are:
- Repair Microsoft.NET Framework
- Run Disk cleanup
- Download Windows updates
- Use Windows system restore to reset the latest changes in the system.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Professionals
If the problem still arises after trying all the methods mentioned above, it is advised that you must reach out to the technical support team of QuickBooks to resolve the issue. You can easily get in touch with the certified QuickBooks error support team on the toll-free no. mentioned on the top right.