Quickbooks Error 16638 85757
Did you just receive a QuickBooks Error 16638 85757? Well, it’s quite a normal error and happens when you are an older version of Quickbooks. Besides, you mostly get this type of error whenever trying to open a damaged company file.
How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 16638 85757?
Table of Contents
However, you can get this error code when trying to log in to online banking services. If you are thinking about how to resolve this dispute, please go through this blog and find the answer to this pressing problem.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
There are many reasons for receiving the QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 messages. Let us look at some common causes and then try to find out the solution:
- Damaged or corrupted Quickbooks company file
- When you are trying to access a company file from a network rather than using the local drive of the system
- The Quickbooks software must have found out some issues when you are accessing online banking
- There can be some internal system errors due to which you are receiving QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
What Does The QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 Indicate?
The QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 first appeared in QuickBooks desktop 2006 while using online banking software. It shows you are trying to access a corrupted company file or using a network to open a .qbw file. It is an unexpected error code that mostly appeared in older versions of QuickBooks.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
Although the error has been removed from the newer version of QuickBooks, many people are still using the older version. For them, it is a difficult situation that requires quick action. So, let’s go ahead and check the following steps that will help to eliminate the QuickBooks Error 16638 85757:
- First, open the company file, that is, .qbw on which you are getting the QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
- Then, check the company file path.
- Now, ensure that the QuickBooks file path searches for the company path on the product information screen.
- For this, you need to launch Quickbooks.
- Open the product information window by pressing F2 from your PC.
- Check the path in both cases.
In case your company file is saved on a network drive, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open the folder location where you stored it in the company file
- Press CTRL+C to copy the company files
- Paste them to your local drive
- Fix the online banking function that has resulted in the earlier error
- If you receive the same error, that means your company file or .qbw is damaged.
How Can You Check Company File On Quickbooks?
Quickbooks has come with the Verify and rebuild utility in Quickbooks that can help you identify and fix damages in the company files. You can verify the company files from time to time and stop receiving errors due to Quickbooks files.
Follow the below steps to verify the files:
- Open the Quickbooks desktop application
- Scroll down to the main menu and check File>Utilities>Verify Data
- Select the verify data option to start the verification process
- The current window will close automatically if the process fails to show any issues
- Click on any message that you receive
- If the process finds some issues, you will receive a warning message that simplifies the issue and discuss the next steps.
- After that, you need to perform the Rebuild Data feature to close the ticket on the problem.
- If the error persists, there are chances that the database is corrupted.
You can get stuck while resolving the QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 because it happens most of the time in the older file versions. So, go through this article to help you recover from this error without any difficulty.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support Team
In case the steps provided in this support, article don’t help. You can contact the QuickBooks error support team on the toll-free helpline above or tap on the support chatbox.