QuickBooks Error 1618
Since the demand for accounting software has increased in the accounting market, the installation of QuickBooks desktop software has also elevated. Most small and medium-scale businesses rely on accounting software because of its simple interface and unique features. However, some users witness installation errors in between the process. Such QuickBooks desktop installation error comes under the shed of QuickBooks Error 1618.
There is no single reason behind the error. Sometimes, An error might appear with a message stating that ‘There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library‘. Follow the article to know more about the causes and fixation methods of the QuickBooks Error 1618.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1618
Generally, the error takes place when users try to install the QuickBooks application on their operating system. There are multiple factors that lead to error 1618.
Some of the prominent causes of the QuickBooks error 1618 are:
- When the QuickBooks-related programs have been removed, the error 1618 will appear on the screen
- If there are Windows registry issues, the QuickBooks error 1618 can appear.
- The error 1618 also happens when QuickBooks or certain Windows files are damaged by a virus.
- When the antivirus program blocks important files of QuickBooks, the error will occur on the screen.
- Where there is damage in the installation of Microsoft Runtime Libraries
- In case of incomplete or faulty software installation, an error can appear on the screen.
- When the MSIEXEC process is not running, which aids users in installing applications on Windows, the error 1618 appears on the screen.
Al these points are the major reasons that account for QuickBooks error 1618.
Fixation Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1618
Now that you know the causes, there are various methods that can be used to resolve the error 1618 and install the QuickBooks software without any hassle. Below are some of the methods to fix the QuickBooks Error 1618.
Update Windows Installer to Latest Version
The QuickBooks error 1618 can be resolved by updating the Windows installer to the latest version. The steps to update the Windows installer to the latest version are:
- Log in as System Admin
- Click on the My Computer option
- Open the system32 file of Windows and right-click on the exe file
- Select the properties as well as the version
- All the information related to the Windows installer will appear on the screen
- If any update is available, install them and restart the system
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
In case you are not aware, QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool is one of the best ways to fix minor errors faced by users. The tool identifies and fixes the installation error on its own. To run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, follow the steps below:
- If your QuickBooks application is opened, close the application and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once the download is finished, run the tool and agree to the license agreement.
- Open the tool and navigate to the Program Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and it will automatically repair the installation error.
- Once the process is finished, restart the system to apply the changes.
Alternate for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Please download & Install the latest QuickBooks tool hub for the QuickBooks desktop. From the home screen, navigate to QuickBooks desktop installation issues and choose QuickBooks to install diagnostic tool to fix Installation issues.
Reinstall Microsoft Runtime Libraries
To reinstall the Microsoft Runtime Libraries, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, download and install the Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package
- You must remember that the Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package 2008 will have different versions for 32bit and 64bit systems.
- Follow the instructions carefully and finish the download process.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Program Problems Tab.
- Click on the Quick Fix My Program and finish the process.
Create a Backup of Windows Registry
If the above methods fail to fix the error, you can create a backup of the Windows Registry to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1618. To create a backup of Windows Registry, follow the steps below:
- Click on Start and search for Run
- Type Regedit in the blank area
- Click on Export which is located in the File Menu
- Under the Export Range, click on all options
- Save the Windows registry backup on your system
- As the backup finishes, delete the keys
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
If none of the methods stated above solves the error, you must reach out to the QuickBooks error support team for technical assistance. You can reach out to the support team via the toll-free phone number mentioned above or chat support.