QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks offers intriguing accounting features to lessen the complexity for businesses while maintaining the books of accounts. Among the list of features, payroll services are widely used by users in QuickBooks. The payroll feature ensures that all the tax-filing needs of the businesses are fulfilled without any hassle. Despite the size of the company file, the QuickBooks payroll feature can be utilized to the fullest. However, there are certain errors that appear while working on the payroll. QuickBooks Error 15222 is one such error that users hit while working on the software or updating payroll in QuickBooks. Let’s understand the meaning, causes, and troubleshooting methods of QuickBooks Error 15222.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks Error 15222 belongs to the 15xxx series. The error code primarily appears when the accounting software fails to develop a stable connection with the server for downloading the update files.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15222
There are certain causes of QuickBooks error 15222. Some of the prominent causes of error code 15222 are mentioned below.
- When QuickBooks is unable to verify digital signatures.
- The error appears when the QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
- Internet Explorer’s incorrect configuration settings also result in QuickBooks error 15222.
- When Firewall blocks payroll updates, the error code will appear on the screen.
- The error code 15222 message will occur on the screen when the shared download drive is not mapped correctly.
- In the case of a missing QuickBooks file, the error code 15222 is inevitable.
Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Error 15222
Now you must resort to the solutions to fix the error code 15222. Before fixing the error, you must backup your QuickBooks company file to avoid data loss. The various fixation methods of QuickBooks error code 15222 are mentioned below.
Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a comprehensive utility tool that comes integrated with the latest version of accounting software. To use the utility tool for fixing the error 15222, follow the steps below.
- If you use an outdated version of QuickBooks, download and install the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the utility tool and navigate to Program Problems.
- Select the Quick Fix My Program.
- Let the process finish and close the software after completion.
Open QuickBooks again and look out for the error. If you still face the error, try the next method.
Install Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
To install a digital signature in Internet Explorer, follow the steps below.
- Open the File manager and type C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Press enter and search for the QBW32.exe file. Once you locate the file, open the properties tab.
- Next, look for the signatures under the Digital Signature tab.
- Click on details under the Intuit Inc digital signature.
- Click on the View certificate button listed under the Digital Signature details.
- Install the certificate from the certificate Window and click on the Finish option.
- Restart your system and check for the error.
Also, Check how to fix QuickBooks Revoked Certificate Error
If the error 15222 still appears, try the next method.
Verify Internet Explorer Settings
To verify the internet explorer settings, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly ensure that internet explorer is your default browser.
- Navigate to the Advanced Tab and click on the Security option.
- Verify that SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.2 are marked.
- Also, you must uncheck the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.
- Once you have verified all the internet explorer settings, open Quickbooks and check for the error.
If the error 15222 still appears on the screen, follow the following method.
Alter User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows
To change UAC settings in Windows, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Change the User Account Control settings in Windows from the User account option located in Control Panel.
Open QuickBooks and check for the error.
Contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Experts
If none of the methods solves the error code 15222, you can reach out to our QuickBooks desktop support team for technical assistance. Our support team offers 24/7 telephonic and chat support to QuickBooks desktop users.