QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks Error 15106 – How to Fix it no time?
Table of Contents
If you have tried your hands on updating the Quickbooks payroll, then you may have noticed the common Quickbooks error 15106. The error is extremely common and is an easy one to rectify.
So if you were also looking to solve this annoying error whenever you are trying to update the payroll, be with us until the end of the article and solve this on your own.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
There are three possible causes of the Error code 15106. Have a look at them and try to figure out what case you have stuck in.
- You do not have the admin permissions or are not logged in as the admin
- Your security system setting is not allowing the updates
- UAC settings are enabled on your system
These are the three most common reasons to get the QuickBooks Error code 15106. So, try to figure that which one of these cases is causing errors for you.
Additionally, there are some cases where Quickbooks settings are not configured properly.
IN addition to this, make sure that you are using the updated Quickbooks and updated system with proper settings that are meant for the flawless performance.
So, make sure to check these, and then you can easily move to the right solution for the problem. By knowing the problem with your PC, you will be able to handle the issue well with the right way to deal with the problem.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Here are a few steps that you can try on your own to solve the Quickbooks error code 15106. Have a look at them and try them before contacting any expert.
There are good chances that you will be able to rectify the issues with these simple and easy to follow steps.
Step 1: Switch to Admin account on your PC
The most common issue that causes the Quickbooks error 15106 is the users don’t use the administrator account to operate the PC.
This is a common issue that not only causes the error 15106 but can be a reason behind numerous other errors during the Quickbooks operation.
So, make sure that you are logged in as admin, or have all the permissions to use the system without any restrictions.
These restrictions may limit your network usage and updating settings that you may have noticed till now.
Here are the simple ways that you can log in as an admin on the PC you are working on.
- Open the start menu
- Right where you shut down the system, you can see an arrow, click on that
- Click on the Switch user
- Enter your admin password and login to use the system as the admin
Another simpler way to use the Quickbooks as an admin is listed as follows
Right click on the Quickbooks Icon and then click on “Run as administrator”
Step 2: The Antivirus program can be a major reason for stopping the payroll to update.
Try changing the settings, or temporarily stop the services of the anti-virus program. You can do this by closing the antivirus virus program through the Windows Task Manager.
- Open the task manager by pressing the key combination: Ctrl, Alt, and Delete. Click on the Task Manager and you will be able to open the task manager.
- Here, you need to search for the process related to your antivirus.
- Kill all those processes and then try updating the payroll again.
Step 3: Your Antivirus is blocking QuickBooks to Update
In case your antivirus has already blocked some processes of the Quickbooks, you will need to change the folder details of the Quickbooks to make it work properly again.
To do this-
- open the file explorer and follow the path
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components
- Right click on downloadqb(year) and amend .old to the filename.
Close the explorer and refresh the desktop icons. After this, you should be able to update the payroll without an issue.
Learn How to Fix QuickBooks Error 59
Step 4: Updating UAC
If in case you are not able to update the payrolls after the previous steps, then the problem may be with your UAC settings. Here are the detailed steps to change the UAC settings.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows Key+ R
- Type Control Panel and click on OK
- Navigate to User Accounts and click on find the User accounts
- Click on “Change User Account Control Settings”
- Move the slider till it reaches “Never Notify” and click on OK.
- You may need to restart the PC to apply these settings.
After your PC restarts, you can then update the payroll without any issues
Step 5: Try reinstalling the Quickbooks in safe mode
If you are still not able to update the payrolls, try reinstalling the Quickbooks. But this time, try to do it in the selective startup mode. Navigate to the System configuration menu by following the steps listed here
- Open Run command
- Type MSConfig and click on OK
- Here, navigate to the Services tab. Choose Hide all Microsoft Services
- Click the checkbox to disable all the Microsoft services
- Click on the restart to restart you PC with the changes made in this step
- Now, after the restart, uninstall the PC and reinstall the fresh copy of Quickbooks.
Undo all the changes you have made in Step 5 with your Windows Settings to make the system work properly
Now you will be able to update and handle all the Quickbooks processes and will be able to update the payrolls along with other processes without any issue caused earlier.
Contact Experts to Repair QuickBooks Error 15106
By following these seven steps, you will be able to update the payroll without getting the issues like the QuickBooks Error 15106 or any other similar error related while updating QuickBooks.
In case you are still not able to update the payroll, we will suggest you call the technical expert team of our QuickBooks experts on +1888-300-6790. They can help you to deal with the issue professionally.