QuickBooks Error 12002
QuickBooks error code 12002 is a payroll error that can be seen due to a bad network connection. Slow network speed for internet connectivity issues can create the error code 12002 in your QuickBooks desktop.
How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12002
The error occurs when users try to update the QuickBooks desktop payroll. A warning message is displayed on the screen when the error occurs. The message is as below:
QuickBooks Error 12002: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.Warning Message
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12002
Here are some of the reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 12002:
- Usually, the error occurs when the QuickBooks system cannot access the internet, so there is a network timeout.
- The error can also occur due to the wrong manual SSL setting.
- If your Windows has Internet security or a firewall, it may cause some problems for the network.
- You may not have set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Your internet connection may be poor or slow.
Several ways are there to resolve this issue and fix the error. However, doing so is not an easy task, so we recommend you take advice from an expert before proceeding with the instructions.
Here’s how to fix QuickBooks Update Error 12002
Method 1- Check the Internet Explorer settings
To check the Internet Explorer settings on your desktop, close the QuickBooks window and go to Internet Explorer. The following method is a three steps method:
- First, click on the Tools > select the Internet.
- After that, go to Security Setting and ensure that the setting is set to Medium-High.
- After that, select the globe icon and then open the Content tab.
- Remember to turn on the Content advisor button.
- Click on Never a Dial connection.
- Make sure to click on the correct ISP and just hit OK.
- After that, you have to go to the LAN settings.
- See if the ‘automatically detect settings’ is marked or not.
- Turn off the option Use a Proxy Server.
- And hit Apply and then OK.
- Now head towards the Advanced settings and select the Restore Advanced Setting.
- From there, look for Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- You have to mark the Use TLS 1.0 as checked and the other two as unchecked.
And you’re done. Simply close the internet option and hit OK. And then, restart your system and open QuickBooks. You will no longer get the error code 12002.
Method 2- Check the Internet Connection:
If the first method above couldn’t solve the current issue, then you can try this method to see if it’s working or not.
- Open your QuickBooks, click on the help button, then select the Internet Connection Setup.
- After that, click on the ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’.
Method 3- Set-Up an Internet Connection
- Open the Help from your QuickBooks and see whether the Internet Connection is properly set up or not.
- To do that, select the Internet Connection Set Up.
- Now follow the instructions on screen and click on Done.
- After that update, the application and your problem should have been resolved.
Method 4- Reset Updates settings in Internet options
- Open QuickBooks desktop and go to the Internet Settings option.
- Then open the Update Now tab > Reset Update box > Get Updates.
If you don’t get any updates, proceed with the following steps.
- Go to the Advanced Setting option.
- Then search for the Use TLS 1.0, USE TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- And make sure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and the other two are marked as unchecked.
Method 5- Update the chrome browser
You can update your Chrome browser or install the latest version to resolve the QuickBooks error 12002.
- To begin with, go to the Chrome browser from your desktop.
- And select the more button at the top right corner of the screen.
- From there, you can see an option Update Google Chrome.
- Click on it and wait for the update to be finished.
- Re-launch the Chrome browser once it’s done and go to your QuickBooks.
It may fix the error. You can also get the latest version of your internet browser. Make sure that you have put Internet Explorer as your default browser. And you are good to go.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts
In case the steps in this DIY guide do not fix QuickBooks error 12002. Get in touch with the QuickBooks error support team on the toll-free helpline mentioned above.