QuickBooks Error 1006
QuickBooks is one of the comprehensive accounting software developed by Intuit. The accounting software provides advanced methods to record and manage financial transactions. With a simple interface, all the features are categorized into different sections for a hassle-free experience. There are some errors that pop up on the screen. One such critical error is the QuickBooks Error 1006. The error code appears when users try to access the company file in QuickBooks. This is a very common error in QuickBooks Desktop 2022. Read the article to the end to know more about the causes and troubleshooting methods of the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
QuickBooks Error 1006 is one of the most common QuickBooks errors encountered by users. The error primarily occurs when the company file is blocked or restricted in the software. Whenever users try to open or mold the company file, the following error messages will appear on the screen.
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open or use the company file. Please try again – QuickBooks Error 1006
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
There are various causes that trigger the QuickBooks error 6150, 1006. One major cause remains corrupted company files. Some of the other reasons for the error code are:
- When the QuickBooks desktop is not installed correctly, the error code appears on the screen.
- When users try to open a portable file without opening the QuickBooks desktop application
- When the Windows system is infected with the CryptoWall virus
- Corrupted or deleted important QuickBooks and Windows files
These are some of the major causes of QuickBooks error 6150, 1006 that users must know before jumping into the fixation methods.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006
If you cannot use the QuickBooks software because of QuickBooks Error 1006, try the methods listed below to fix the issue.
Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop utility tool that can fix various QuickBooks errors with ease. To solve the error code 6150 or QuickBooks Error 1006 using the QuickBooks Tool Hub, follow the points below:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Once the tool is downloaded, navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and select the company file.
- Wait for the completion process and check for the error.
If the error still exists after running the QuickBooks Tool Hub, try the next method.
Check For CryptoWall
The QuickBooks error 1006 appears on the screen when the system is attacked with CryptoWall and other viruses. To check for the virus, follow the steps below:
- Open the Windows Start menu and type File Explorer.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder, which is located in the C drive.
- Open the folder and search for the words like instructions or decrypt.
If you find files with such words, you must reach out to the anti-virus service provider to resolve the issue to the earliest.
Also, Read How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77 in detail
Create a New Company File From Scratch
To craft a new company file in QuickBooks from scratch, follow the points below:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and navigate to the no company open window.
- You will see make a new company file option under the Window.
- Click on the QuickBooks Setup Window and enter the necessary details.
- Select create a company option after filling in all the details.
Once you have created the company file, check for the error. If the error still exists, try another method.
Use Auto Data Recovery
To use auto data recovery for fixing the QuickBooks Error 1006, follow the steps below:
- Create a new folder with the name QBTest
- Locate and copy the.TLG file from the company folder and paste them to the QBTest folder
- Next, open the QBAuto Data Recovery folder that is present in the company data folder.
- Copy the .QBW.adr. fie from the folder and paste it into the QBTest folder.
- Remove the .adr extension from the file name and open the application.
- Open the company file from the newly created QBTest folder.
- Click on the Utility option located under the Files Tab.
- Click on the Verify Data to check the issue.
- Replace the QuickBooks Data Folder with the QBTest Folder.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
If the solutions mentioned above don’t work, it is advised that you must contact our experts team for assistance and get help in fixing QuickBooks error 1006. You can reach out to the QuickBooks error support team at +1888-727-4587.
Error 1006 FAQs
Should I Backup My Data Before Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6150, 1006?
Yes, You should backup your QuickBooks Data before fixing the error code to avoid any data loss.
How To Download QuickBooks Tool Hub?
QuickBooks Tool Hub is integrated with the latest versions of the application. If you are using an older version, you can download the tool from the official website of Intuit.