QuickBooks Desktop Security Update
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software in 2022 that helps entrepreneurs and businessmen to organize their businesses and do their account-related work effortlessly. To improve users’ experience and ensure safety, QuickBooks desktop releases some security updates often. Let’s know about QuickBooks desktop security update 2022 in brief.
QuickBooks Security Update
When you are working with QuickBooks, your topmost priority will be the safety of your files and accounts. To ensure safety, QuickBooks releases some security-related updates so that it can enhance the security of your data. It is very important for all QuickBooks desktop 2022 users as:-
- These updates allow you to work on QuickBooks desktop with more efficiency
- They improve the user experience
- The updates ensure the safety and security of your files’ data and information.
QuickBooks Security Update (Latest)
QuickBooks desktop is one of the most secured accounting software out there and manufacturers update the software according to the requirements. The latest security updates were QuickBooks desktop security update 2022 & QuickBooks desktop security update in 2021.
In That Security Update, QuickBooks Introduced Password Protection
According to the QuickBooks desktop security update, users who have sensitive data in their files related to credit cards, social security, etc., will be promoted to create a strong password. Not only that, if you are a user who uses QuickBooks desktop in multi-user mode, as an administrator, you will be sent a message mentioning all users that have not set their passwords. The requirements of the new password are mentioned below
- The password must have 8 to 32 characters
- The password must have a minimum of one uppercase character and at least one lowercase character: A-Z and all characters found in the Latin 1 supplement set.
- It must include at least one special character and a number between 0 and 9.
- The password must not have the username in it and vice versa.
- The password would not contain any space.
How To Ensure That You Are Working On The Latest Version?
- Open QuickBooks and go to help
- Navigate to update the QuickBooks option
- The update now tab will now open on your screen.
- Here you have to ensure to checkmark the maintenance release and critical fixes option.
- Click on the get updates option and the download will be started ( if you are already not using the latest one)
- Complete the QuickBooks desktop installation process and run the download.
You also have to check whether you have downloaded the updated version with new security features or not. For that purpose, you can undergo the steps mentioned below
- Open QuickBooks and then press the F2 button on your keyboard.
- Now, the product information & QuickBooks license window will open on your screen and you will be able to see the version you are using. Here you will also be able to know whether you have the latest security features or not.
Tips To Ensure The Security Of Your Data On QuickBooks
QuickBooks is the safest accounting software where you can keep your data safe and work with it. Though you don’t need to worry about safety with this accounting software, it is always better to ensure your safety by yourself. After getting the QuickBooks desktop security update you need not worry about the QuickBooks data.
Here are some tips for you so that you can enhance the security of your data and files. While using QuickBooks, you are advised to follow these safety measurements.
- If you already have not used a password for the QuickBooks desktop, you should use one.
- Users are advised to avoid common passwords and use unique numbers and letters to create a strong password.
- Create unique passwords for each account and never share your username or password with anyone else.
- Always upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version.
- When you share QuickBooks files, you are advised to use secure methods such as an accountant’s copy file transfer service.
- In order to avoid phishing and other hacking attacks, it is always advised not to open any suspicious mail, especially on the computer where you use your QuickBooks desktop.
- For users who have a credit card feature, it is important to set a password. This step is very important for those users who have sensitive information on their QuickBooks. It will ensure security. And even if you do not have any sensitive information, you still should set a password
- All users, especially users with credit card protection, are advised to change their passwords every 90 days.
- Every user should set a different password.
- If you are a QuickBooks user that uses QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you will need to ensure that all users are working by using a supported version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Users who are working on the “SDK application” that is needed to be accessed in the “unattended mode” will have to log in.
- If, as a user, you have forgotten your password, you will need to provide the email address that is used to register the account to get access to the password reset tool.
Contact QuickBooks Experts
QuickBooks desktop security updates are very important for the safety of your sensitive information. It is important to update your QuickBooks whenever the latest update arrives. Though QuickBooks is one of the safest platforms that provide users with several security tools and measurements, it is also advised to take care of your security by yourself as well. In case, you need help on this topic, contact our QuickBooks desktop support experts for extended support & consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The New Features Of QuickBooks 2022?
With the new release of QuickBooks desktop 2022, manufacturers are offering some unique and new features.
- 64-bit advanced processing power
- E-commerce for QuickBooks with Webgility
- Faster bill paying and scheduling.
- Customizable approval workflows for bills.
- Bill entry automation and customized bill payment stubs
- Add multiple customer contacts to your batch emails.
- Instant money deposits
- Directly upload documents by using QuickBooks mobile app.
What Are The Advantages Of 64-Bit Advanced Processing Power Offered By The QuickBooks 2022 Update?
It allows you to use the full capability of a 64-bit advanced processor. It means that it allows you to work with your QuickBooks 2022 more efficiently and reliably.
How To Install QuickBooks Security Update?
You don’t have to install the updates separately. When you update your QuickBooks to the latest version, automatically, the security updates are installed on your QuickBooks.