QuickBooks Desktop Pro – SkyRocket Business Accounting – Best Accounting Software 2020
When you start your business, you have little manpower but a lot of things to look after. One important aspect that you cannot ignore is your accounts. In order to help you solve this problem, Intuit has designed a series of accounting software tools called QuickBooks. The version we’ll be learning about here is QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
This model provides you with a one-time purchase of the software, unlimited and 24×7 customer support and automatic upgrades for free. The interface of the software, as well as the revenue model, has been designed for start-ups, small businesses, and medium enterprises.
What is QuickBooks Pro?
Table of Contents
This is accounting software for businesses. It is developed by a US Firm called Intuit. The software is mainly for small and medium-sized businesses. It provides various applications like accounting applications and cloud-based versions. You can also accept business payments, manage bills, pay bills, and payroll functions through the software.
Why to Choose QuickBooks Pro for Small Business?
QuickBooks makes accounting tasks very easy for any organization. This is the reason why QuickBooks has almost 625,000 subscribers worldwide. It has the highest number of subscribers close to 7 million compared to its rival Xero.
Here’s why companies chose QuickBooks:
- Companies save a lot of time in bookkeeping as simple bookkeeping tasks are done automatically by the software.
- It saves to a company with the paperwork, thus reducing costs.
- It generates various reports with ease with the information provided, so it becomes easy to know the current situation of the business, whether it is making money or losing money.
- QuickBooks Pro is very affordable. It can help businesses with revenues from 5 million dollars to 25 million dollars run with ease for a few hundred bucks.
- The software is completely customizable. It is designed to be flexible and adaptable for a wide range of businesses. You can customize it according to your business type, which can be hotels, healthcare, retailers, not for profit organizations, and many more.
- You can grow your business with QuickBooks. It can help in designing a business plan when you want to get a loan.
- It makes the plans according to the requirement of the US Small Business Administration. You can make projected balance sheets, profit, and loss statements and cash flows.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop Pro (Latest Specifications)
As stated earlier one of the biggest advantages of QuickBooks Desktop Pro is that it’s customizable. It can be customized according to the requirements of the type of business using this software.
Let’s have a look at some of the features provided by the software.
Cloud computing has become very important for all businesses in today’s day and age. QuickBooks also provides this feature. Through this feature, any business can access their accounts, manage their business, and stay organized from anywhere anytime on their mobiles, laptops, or tablet.
The software allows you to create custom invoices, professional invoices, sales receipt, and estimates that can be sent within minutes to your clients. It also allows you to edit invoices.
It’s impossible to do any business if you don’t have online banking. With the help of QuickBooks Desktop Pro, you can integrate your bank account with the online software banking feature. This allows your statements and transactions to update automatically.
To run any successful business, you need to have all your reports easily available. QuickBooks Desktop Pro allows you to instantly see how your business is performing with customizable reports and dashboards. It provides all kinds of different reports for different kinds of business also.
Every organization has many employees in it. For smooth functioning, everyone needs to have access to the software. QuickBooks Desktop Pro allows the organization to give access to employees you want to. It can also allow for limited access to different levels of employees and employees with different roles.
Free Unlimited Support
Any software can have glitches and issues in running. QuickBooks has a complete team to provide support to its clients whenever required. They also have a forum on their site where you can post your queries. They also have a helpline number where you can contact for any help required. Any kind of QuickBooks support required is not chargeable – it is completely free of cost.
Having proper integration of software across all platforms is very essential. If you want to have access to your data anywhere & anytime, you need to have apps for phones and tablets. With QuickBooks Pro subscription, you get mobile apps included in your plan.
This allows you to have access to your account on your mobile phone and tablets as well. It allows you to know about what’s happening in your business from anywhere, anytime.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro allows you to track time for two things – employees and billing hours. By using the new TSheets app, you can now track the hours when your employees have worked and invoices that have been made. This time is automatically added to the invoice or payroll generated.
Latest Updates in QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020
The software is updated regularly to add new features, security patches and remove any bugs in previous versions. The software is updated automatically whenever a new version is available.
The latest version is Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020. The latest update of the 2020 version was released in May 2020. The release is called Release 7 (R7). This update includes:
QuickBooks had a feature of deleting invoices, bills, and checks in bulk. This feature is called batch delete, which now also allows you to delete unlinked sales.
There was one more release in the month of March 2020. It was called Release 6 (R6).
It contained the following updates:
Intuit Account Login
It made it compulsory for admin to login when creating a new company profile or open an existing one.
If you wish to create a new TSheets account, you’ll now have to login with your existing Intuit account.
Gmail Security Fix
Bug Fixes in QuickBooks Pro 2020
Three of the following problems have been corrected so far:
- Sometimes, if you wanted to check the history of an invoice, the link would appear blank due to the credits applied to it. This error was fixed.
- Another error that was fixed was sending the wrong T4 slips to the wrong employee’s ID.
- The final bug fix was for not being able to send an email to Outlook if your window was left open. Now, you won’t have to close your window for sending the email.
Apart from the desktop version, the apps on phones and tablets are also regularly updated to provide the latest updates and bug fixes. It aims to provide the same user experience across all platforms.
Additional Information about QuickBooks Desktop Pro
QuickBooks provides various payments option from monthly options to yearly plans. They also provide test software so you can see the software works with your business. If after purchasing, you are not satisfied with the software, you can call QuickBooks customer service within 60 days of your date of receipt, and they will make a full refund of your money.