QuickBooks Desktop Email Setup Guide
QuickBooks Desktop Email Setup & Configuration (Complete Guide)
Table of Contents
QuickBooks allows its users to set up and configure email service on QuickBooks Desktop. If you have already set up its email service, you can use it to send and receive statements, send invoices to your client, and perform other transactions as well from your QuickBooks Desktop through your email id.
This added feature makes QuickBooks accounting software even more useful for business owners.
If you are yet to use this QB feature or facing any issues while setting up the email service on QuickBooks Desktop, this article is for you.
Here, we will discuss the step-by-step procedure to set up an email service on QB Desktop. But before that, just have a quick look at the benefits of QuickBooks email setup and QB email setup requirements. So, keep reading.
Benefits Of QuickBooks Email Set Up
- You can send invoices instantly via QuickBooks email, whenever the customer needs it
- It also allows sending customers payment reminders through email
- The email service also serves as a storage and tracking device for client’s and merchant’s contact details.
- It helps in importing data via spreadsheets
- QB email service can also be used for sharing reports within departments or offices
Requirements For QuickBooks Email Set Up
- An email address
- Username and password
- Incoming and outgoing email settings
- Server type details
Methods To Set Up and Configure Email Service in QuickBooks Desktop 2021
There are several ways for setting up email in QB, regardless of the version you use. You can use any of your existing email ids or create a new one for your business operations.
Almost every email service is supported for emailing from QuickBooks Desktop.
The most common options are –
- QuickBooks Email Service
- Microsoft Outlook
- Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Hotmail, etc.)
Option 1: Set Up Email Service In QuickBooks Desktop
- Select the QuickBooks email setting
- Then choose the QuickBooks email option
- Fill in the required information such as the email address, username, password, etc. and you are done
As QB desktop doesn’t save a copy of emails you send, it is recommended to enter any of your own email address to track the purpose.
Option 2: Set Up QuickBooks Email Service Via Outlook
- At first, opt for creating a new QuickBooks Outlook email address. (If you already have an Outlook account, then move to the next step)
- Then open QuickBooks and select the Edit menu
- Select Preferences and then click on Send Forms
- Now go to My Preferences and select Outlook Radio and tick the option
- Close the Preference window and try emailing something to yourself from QB Desktop
Option 3: Set Up QuickBooks Email Service Via Webmail
If you have a hosting email service from Gmail or Yahoo or have any other account with them, you can link it to send email via QuickBooks Desktop by following some easy steps.
Another key factor you should note before starting with the steps is that the latest versions of QuickBooks can use webmail as it will create a safer and easier connection to the email.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up and configure webmail settings in QB Desktop –
- Open Edit menu
- Then select Send Forms
- Select My Preference Tab
- After that, select the Webmail Radio
- Enter your desired email address
- SSL Security checkbox should be select as information from your service provider
- Now set the accurate SMTP Server and Port Configuration
- Now tap on OK and try sending an email to yourself
In the end, we hope that you got your answers to all your queries regarding the process to set up and configure email in QuickBooks Desktop.
However, if you are still facing any issues, contact an expert from the QuickBooks error support team as they can assist you through the process of troubleshooting.