QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is an effective tool that assists QuickBooks desktop users in resolving a variety of issues caused by network and company file corruption.
Here is everything you need to understand about QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. So, read the complete article.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool & How To Use It
Table of Contents
This robust tool detects and resolves connection issues between QuickBooks, company files, and the database manager. There are numerous other applications for this diagnostic tool, including many common networking and multi-user errors such as H series errors, 6000 series errors, and others that appear when opening a company file.
Introduction Of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Tens of thousands of QuickBooks users worldwide rely on the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to diagnose and resolve a wide range of complex errors that occur when several operators try to work on the same company file together.
This tool can also troubleshoot network, multi-user, and other errors that may occur when using or trying to use a QuickBooks company file.
QuickBooks desktop relies on essential Microsoft components, and if any of them is misplaced or not working properly, errors may occur. The connection diagnostic tool is only compatible with QB 2008 and later versions when running on Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows Vista. You can access this tool in QuickBooks Tool Hub in desktop versions after 2018.
Download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
You can download the QuickBooks diagnostic tool by following the steps outlined below:
- At first, hit the official download link for the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Then save the file in your system
- After that, launch the installer name as QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- Then, stop the running applications in the background.
- After that, restart the program and proceed to the next step.
- Now, to avoid any further problems, ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Following that, you must clear all applications that are running in the background.
- Scan your company file with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. IF it doesn’t work.
- The final step is to carry out the steps involved in fresh QuickBooks desktop installation.
How To Install The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
To install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on your system and server, follow the steps below:
- Check your PC to ensure there isn’t a version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool previously installed.
- Download this QB tool from the OEM site and double-click the icon that appears on your desktop.
- Follow the installation prompts that appear on your computer screen
- When the screen says “Welcome to the QB connection diagnostic tool configuration wizard,” click on Next.
- Then, click again on Next to select the Installation folder.
- To accept the software’s license agreement, click on the I agree circle.
- If you use Windows 10, your.NET framework must be configured appropriately.
- After the installation is complete, wait for the application to open.
- If the tool does not appear, double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Then, navigate to the directory containing the company file that needs to be diagnosed.
- If you are using single-user mode, avoid using the network connectivity option.
- After that, enter the admin and password after the message box appears.
- Then click the OK button.
- Now, determine whether you want to use the host system or a workstation PC.
- Finally, be patient because the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool may take some time to scan.
How To Use The Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Launch the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 1: Identify Connection Tab
It allows you to check the system configuration and ensure that the company file can be accessed from any system, whether in single-user or multi-user mode. If you don’t have the required authorizations or if the ports or system firewall are blocked, you may get errors.
Step 2: Firewall Condition
This tab provides information about the system firewall’s basic instructions.
Step 3: Check Connectivity
This tab allows you to examine and scan your system’s connectivity.
We hope the above-mentioned QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool information is useful to you. If you have any questions about this QuickBooks tool, contact one of our QuickBooks desktop experts. The professional team will resolve all your QuickBooks desktop-related issues.