QuickBooks 2009 Update Error 12007
QuickBooks is well-known accounting software with many features such as QuickBooks desktop payroll, a tracking system, and much more. However, sometimes users may encounter errors such as QuickBooks Error 12002, Error 12000, Error 12009, Error 12031 while downloading or updating QuickBooks software or payroll services.
QuickBooks 2009 Update Error 12007
QuickBooks Error 12007 is typically caused by incorrectly configured system files. These files cause registry errors within the operating system, which delays work. Such window errors can cause your system and programs to run slowly and your computer to freeze.
Here, we will discuss the causes and methods to fix the issue. So, keep reading.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks 2009 Update Error 12007?
Check out the possible causes behind QuickBooks error 12007:
- There is an issue with connecting the desktop to the internet
- QB is unable to connect to the server because of a network timeout
- The default browser has not been set to Internet Explorer
- Because of the firewall settings, your connection is blocked
- The SSL Checkbox in Internet Explorer may have been removed
How To Fix The QuickBooks 2009 Update Error 12007?
You must perform various troubleshooting procedures for the various possible causes of the QuickBooks payroll update error 12007. To resolve this QuickBooks error code, follow the solutions in the order they are presented.
Solution 1: Double-check Your Internet Explorer Settings
Starting with Internet Explorer settings might save you from performing additional steps.
You can easily change the settings to see if the QuickBooks payroll update error 12007 has been resolved.
- Select Internet Options from the drop-down menu by clicking the Gear icon in the top right corner of Internet Explorer
- Visit Connections tab and select LAN Settings
- While updating QuickBooks, check the box next to Automatically Detect Settings and ensure that servers are blank.
- Apply the changes and switch to the Advanced tab.
- Locate SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and check the boxes next to them. Uncheck the box next to the option Check for publisher’s certificate.
- Scroll down on the same tab to ensure that the TLS 1.2 option is not selected.
- Additionally, ensure that the box next to TLS 1.1 is checked.
After completing this step, try updating QuickBooks to ensure that the QuickBooks 2009 update error 12007 has been resolved.
Solution 2: Check thoroughly For Security Settings
If the first method fails to resolve QuickBooks 2009 update error 12007, investigate whether security settings are preventing the update.
Examine the settings of your antivirus software, firewall, and other parental control applications to ensure they are not restricting the QuickBooks updates download. When configured correctly, you may be able to resolve the QuickBooks error 12007 update issue.
Solution 3: Reset QuickBooks Update Settings
- Restart your device
- Reset QuickBooks updates and try downloading an update
- Make sure the company file is launched in single-user mode
- Download and install the latest QuickBooks update
If the QuickBooks 2009 update error 12007 persists, proceed to the next procedure to resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Investigate Other Internet Explorer Issues
- Press Windows + R on keyboard and type sfc/scannow into the pop-up box
- After that, press OK and follow the on-screen steps to complete the File Checker Process
- Next, restart Windows after the file repair is complete to see if the QuickBooks error code has been resolved. If this is not the case, proceed to the next method.
Solution 5: Perform Cleaning of QuickBooks Installation
- Download and save QuickBooks Clean Install
- Now double click the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file from the saved location and opt for “I Accept” for license agreement.
- After that, click on Continue and select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- To reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, click on OK and follow the commands.
Solution 6: Make Internet Explorer Your Default Browser
If Internet Explorer is causing the problem, making it your default browser can help you fix it. The following are the steps to take:
- Open Internet Explorer and search for the Tools menu
- Then choose Internet
- After that, select the Programs tab
- Click OK after choosing Make default
- Then, Exit Internet Explorer
If the error persists, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
To update the payroll feature, you must first update QuickBooks. To obtain the updates, follow the steps outlined below:
- Close QuickBooks
- Press the Ctrl key for few seconds and then double-click on the QuickBooks icon until the No Company Open window appears.
- Navigate to the Help tab
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and then click the Update Now button
- Mark the Reset Update box and after that, click on Get Updates
- After updating, close the window
We hope the above-mentioned methods have helped you in solving QuickBooks 2009 Update Error 12007.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support Team
There might be a minor chance of the error still persisting even after performing these methods. In such cases, get in touch with the QuickBooks error support team for assistance.