Intuit Data Protect (Install, Setup, & Update)
Intuit Data Protect or IDP is a subscription service used to back up files and folders of Quickbooks. You can set up IDP and say goodbye to this gruesome task of data backup & QuickBooks data recovery. Intuit Data Protect also allows you to monitor history, modify files, and update email remainders.
Complete Guide To Install, Backup, And Update Intuit Data Protect?
You should also note that errors may occur when backing up data through IDP. It mostly occurs when you don’t update to the latest version of QuickBooks. In this blog, you will learn how to install, backup, and update Intuit Data Protect. Plus, you will also know about the specific system requirements for enhanced performance and security.
How To Activate Intuit Data Protect In Quickbooks?
Let’s take a glance at how to activate IDP in QuickBooks:
- Go to File > Back up company name>Activate Online Backup
- Select Intuit Data Protect from the backup status section located at the bottom right of QuickBooks Home
- Right-click on the IDP green padlock and choose Open Intuit Data Protect
- Choose Activate Now when the IDP window opens on your screen
- Sign in using your credentials in the Intuit App Center window
- The IDP diagnosis window will run automatically.
- Then click on continue when it is complete.
- A confirmation screen will pop up if the IDP finds backed-up files previously.
- Click on Yes if you need to recover it. Else select No to proceed with the setup
- After that, select all the files you want to back up, and press continue.
- You can also select other folders after pressing continue
- You will need to set up a schedule to back up files on the window.
- Enter an alternative email address to get notifications for failed backups, successful backups, and if the last backup is older than any number of days.
- A message will appear if the installation is successful.
Why Should You Update Intuit Data Protect?
It is a good practice to update any web applications regularly. It also holds for Intuit Data Protect. That’s because it helps to protect you from online threats and ensures better performance. Therefore your QuickBooks desktop will be free from QuickBooks desktop performance issues. Here are some advantages of updating to the latest version of IDP.
- Updating gives you access to the most advanced security that prevents data theft.
- It improves the performance of web applications and tools.
- Ensures complete data safety and protection
- It helps to stabilize other operating systems.
How To Update Intuit Data Protect?
Installing updates helps you to run any applications smoothly. So, after setting up Intuit Data Protect, You Need to know how to update the latest version. Here is the detailed guide that would help you to do it successfully.
- Hover over to the Help section on top of the menu
- Click on the update QuickBooks tab
- Tap on the update now button
- Check off Data Protect under the update section
- Click on Get Updates
Next, perform these steps to install the update:
- Go to the arrow icon on the bottom right corner
- Click on the arrow icon.
- Right click on the Intuit Data Protect tab
- Press the About IDP icon
- Click on update from the Data Protect window.
- It will take around a few minutes to install the updates.
- After the installation is complete you will see a window confirming that the software is up to date.
What Are The System Requirements For Installing Intuit Data Protect?
You will need to fulfill specific software requirements for installing the updates on Intuit Data Protect.
Operating System Requirement
- Windows 7 or later versions like Windows 8.1 or 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2011, Standards and Essentials
You must install the latest version of either of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Screen resolution of 1280X1024
- Processor speed of 4 GHz with a minimum of 5GB free space
- IDB doesn’t support network drives, so you have to use a local file path
You must also note that IDP doesn’t support Box, Google Sheets, and OneDrive.
Hopefully, this blog has helped you to understand how to set up and update Intuit Data Protect. Now, you can easily install Intuit Data Protect to back up your crucial files on the QuickBooks desktop and view them later at your convenience. If you need help from a professional get in touch with a QuickBooks professional on our toll-free helpline.