How to Update QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks is financial accounting software that helps in bookkeeping for small business companies. It is the best software available in the market right now. QuickBooks has been developed by the American Company Intuit. It has a customer base of 7 million, making them the market leader. In this blog, we will learn how to update the QuickBooks desktop step by step.
The software is tailored for all kinds of companies like manufacturing, retail, suppliers, not-for-profit organizations, and many more. It has industry-specific features and is quite handy for each industry. It can generate industry-specific reports for every company.
QuickBooks was first released in the early 2000s. Since then, it has come a long way with many new features added and bug fixes. For any software, regular QuickBooks update is very important to be ahead of the competitors.
Why QuickBooks Desktop Needs To Be Updated?
When your software is running well, everything is fine, but the moment it starts facing issues, it can make you want to pull your hair out. It can be very irritating for some people if you keep having errors at regular intervals.
Updating any software can take some time and people tend to try to delay it as much as possible. If you don’t update it with the latest versions, you could be missing out on many things. Let’s have a look at the best reasons to update to the latest version of QuickBooks:
Get the Latest Features
QuickBooks knows what is best for your company and one of the main reasons to regularly update this or any other software is the features. With every update, you get new features. These features make life easy for everyone. With this software, you can save a lot of time with the newly added features. It will help your business grow. Regular updates also refine the existing features making the software more robust.
QuickBooks Downloads & Updates : https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
Outdated Technology May Make It Vulnerable
There are a lot of hackers these days. They are constantly developing new ways to hack your computer. Hackers are developing new viruses and malware regularly to attack your computer. By updating your software regularly, you can prevent these hacks as the software will know these are not safe for you.
To Make It Compatible
The tech space is constantly developing. To be on par with other software, you also need to update. Regularly updating the software makes sure that your software is completely compatible with other software also. It can add new features also.
Software updates not only provide security updates but also add new features, as mentioned above. These features help a lot in day to day operations of the business. It increases the efficiency of the employees. It also makes the employees happier as the time taken to complete the task can go down. For example, if some entry required 5 steps, then after a software update, the same can be done in 3 steps. This is quite helpful in day to day operations of the business.
Many people think updating software takes a lot of time and effort. However, it is just the opposite. It takes a onetime effort to update the software, but you reap the benefits on a daily basis. It speeds up the operations and reduces downtime. This helps to save costs for the companies.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop?
We have learned why it is important to regularly update your software. Now, let’s find out how we can update QuickBooks desktop to the latest version.
There are two ways to update QuickBooks, and I am going to tell you how to update all of them in detail, step by step.
Firstly, you need to check which version of QuickBooks you have. To check that, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the QuickBooks Desktop software. After it is opened, click on the “F2” key or press “ctrl+1” on the keyboard.
Step 2: Click on the Product Information screen and see which version of QuickBooks you have and which release is it.
Step 3: Now, once you have seen the version you have downloaded, compare the available releases for your version.
Once you have completed the above steps, you are now ready to download the latest version. There are two ways. Let’s look at them:
This option has 3 methods of updating.
Method 1 – Download Through Internet (www quickbooks support update)
- Open the Download & Update Page.
- In this page, select Product drop-down and select your QuickBooks Product.
- Now, in the select Version drop-down, you need to choose the proper variant or year.
- Then, select “Get the latest updates” and select “save or save file” to start the download.
- After the download is complete, you need to double click on the set up update button. This will start the installation of the software. Once the version is installed, you need to restart your PC.
Method 2 – With the Help of QuickBooks
- Open the file menu and select the option “close company/logoff” then exit.
- Now right-click on the QuickBooks icon and run QuickBooks as administrator option.
- In the “No Company” open window, click the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks option.
- Go to the Update Now option and check the Reset update box.
- Click the Get updates tab.
- Now, QuickBooks will update, and once it’s completed, close QuickBooks.
- Now, open QuickBooks again. If you get a pop up saying “Install update”, click on yes.
- After the installation is completed, restart your PC.
Method 3-Ultralight Patch
This method is a unique characteristic of QuickBooks. This allows you to install small repairs without needing for the real release. You can update this by following the steps in the second method.
This option has 2 methods. Let’s see how it can be done:
Method 1 – Download & Install Automatically
- Open QuickBooks and select Help. From the Help menu, select “Update QuickBooks”.
- From the “Update QuickBooks” tab, select “Update Now”.
- Now, you need to remove all previous updates. Just place a checkmark on the Reset update box.
- Select the “Get updates” button.
- Once the download and install are complete, restart your PC.
Method 2 – Set It for Future
This is a simpler process and involves fewer steps.
- Open the help menu and select “Update QuickBooks”.
- From there, select the “Option” tab.
- Now, select the radio button for Yes to switch-on the automatic update.
- Now, just close the tab.
On a Final Note
As you can see, it is very easy to update QuickBooks and there are many ways you can do it according to your convenience. The benefits of updating are also important for any organization’s smooth functioning. If you still have any issues in updating, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks support team. You can call their toll free number or email them.