How To Add A Payment Link To QuickBooks Desktop Invoice
QuickBooks desktop comes with amazing different types of in-built features. One of those is the QuickBooks payment link that allows customers to pay you directly from the link without any hazards. It is a QuickBooks Desktop payment tool used especially for collecting payments. It allows you to share a quick link with your customers and pay you directly and quickly. Payment links are a convenient way to get paid.
What is the QuickBooks Payment link?
In order to add the payment link to the invoice, you will need a QuickBooks payment account. In case you don’t have a QuickBooks payment account earlier, here are the steps to follow for opening a QuickBooks payment account.
How To Open A QuickBooks Payment Account?
- First, you have to go to your Company Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Then head towards Account and Settings.
- You’ll see an option of Payments on the left navigation, click it.
- Then head towards the Learn More button.
- Click Set Up Payments to get started.
- Here you will be asked questions about your business. Enter the information, including the bank account where you want your customers’ payments to be deposited.
- Now, you’ll be asked questions about yourself to verify you for giving you access to QuickBooks payments.
- Now you have to select the bank account in QuickBooks that you are willing to use to record deposits. This should be the same bank account you entered a routing number for earlier.
Now you know how to open a QuickBooks payment account. For adding a payment link to your invoices, you have to connect your QuickBooks payment account to your QuickBooks desktop. Let’s know how to do it.
How to Connect QuickBooks Payment account to Quickbooks desktop?
For connecting your QuickBooks payment account with your QuickBooks desktop, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Customers menu in QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Link Payment Service to Company file. You may see a message about credit card protection. You have to fill out all the fields and select OK.
- Enter the user ID and password you used to sign up for QuickBooks Payments to get access.
- Select Connect and you’re good to go.
Now, your QuickBooks payment account is connected to your QuickBooks desktop. You can now create a link for payments and add the link to the invoice.
How to Add A Payment link to QuickBooks Desktop Invoice
Follow these steps to add a payment link in the invoice while creating an invoice on QuickBooks desktop for your client.
- In order to create a link for payment, go to “Customer”.
- Then head towards Payment links.
(You can also use the Payment links icon on the home screen.)
- You’ll be asked some questions which you have to answer properly. The questions will be following:
- Select a customer or add a new customer
- Customer email
- Now you have to select the payment method, such as credit card or ACH
- When you’re ready, select the Send Payment link.
- QuickBooks sends an email that includes the requested payment details and a pay button to your customer.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you, along with a copy of the Payment link.
Note: One can also copy the auto-generated link and share it with the customer via text message or any other messaging channel of preference.
When any of your customers select the link or click on the link and enter their payment details, they’ll be able to pay an invoice to you.
There are a few things to consider in this process
- It is not in your customer’s hand to change the amount or pay partially. A receipt is automatically generated after they submit payment.
- Payment links can only be used once for a single customer. One customer can’t use the link repeatedly. For each customer payment, create a new Payment link.
- Payment links are unable to track payments for invoices that have already been sent.
- Payments made through Payment links show as customer credits. Nothing can be changed in your books until you apply the credit to the invoice.
How to View the Payment links Dashboard
It is important to view all the payment links to keep a record and QuickBooks has a single dashboard where you can view all the Payment links, details, status, and even you can send reminders from there. For this,
- Choose Customer from the drop-down menu
- Then choose Payment links.
(Note: You can also view the dashboard by selecting the Payment links icon on the Home screen.)
Get Help From QuickBooks Desktop Experts
In case you need support when trying to add a payment link in QuickBooks desktop invoice. Reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts via the toll-free number provided above or simply tap on the chat support icon.