Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error
QuickBooks is one of the contemporary software used for accounting of the business houses to make the task more effective. It helps in maintaining the data in an organized way. QuickBooks sync manager not working error is a QuickBooks desktop 2022 synchronization error that appears when exchanging data between QuickBooks users. In this support article, find out how to fix sync manager not working error in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error
QuickBooks sync manager is one of the demanding tools of the QuickBooks Desktop, which helps its user to sync the data with the online server. However, you can face the QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error. It commonly pops up with a message stating an error occurring while the files are being loaded. Often it asks to contact the software company, for e.g., Intuit’s customer care to find the solution to the error.
Reasons for QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
There are various reasons, like the damaged components of the sync manager that can cause this error.
There is a list of possible reasons for the error to occur. These are:
- Damaged components of the sync manager can cause this error.
- Connectivity issues during the data transferring can result in an error.
- Blockage of the sync by the firewall or the Internet Security.
- With the updates of QuickBooks Sync Manager, the work can stop.
- If your company file cannot be read or unidentified as being moved to another location and is not accessible, this error can occur.
- In the middle of the syncing process, if you fail to write the downloaded data, then the error can occur.
Steps for Fixing QuickBooks Sync Manager error
Step 1: Rename Intuit Sync Manager Folder
- At first, close the QuickBooks Company File followed by the QuickBooks Application.
- Update QuickBooks desktop application.
- Go to the System Tray, right-click the Sync Manager icon, and select Exit to close the sync Manager.
- Follow the file path to find the Sync Manager folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Intuit.
Note: The location may differ depending on the Windows version or the installation folder.
- Restart your computer and launch the QuickBooks program (The Sync Manager folder is automatically created).
- Lastly, you can try syncing the data again to see if the QuickBooks Sync manager not working error has been resolved.
If the intuit download manager error persists, proceed to the next step to learn how to easily resolve the QuickBooks sync manager not working error.
Step 2: Fix QuickBooks Sync Error Manager 17_7300
- At first, you open the QuickBooks Company File.
- In the Menu bar, select the Edit menu and click on Integrated Applications from the left pane and choose My Preferences Tab from the right pane.
- Then, mark the Intuit Sync Manager from the checkbox.
- Finally, restart the application to see if the error has been resolved.
Step 3: Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944
- At first, it is required for you to check the server connections and URLs connected with the Sync Manager and if the Windows Firewall or Internet Security is blocking the syncing process.
- Firstly, you open the QuickBooks Sync Manager file and remove the crt file.
- Then, you are required to install the QuickBooks Sync Manager once again or rest the settings if already installed.
- If the error persists, then you are required to wait for some time and try again.
Step 4: Fix QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118
- Firstly, in the System Tray, you need to go and select the Sync Manager icon and then close the Sync Manager.
- Then, after closing the QuickBooks Company file, you need to close the QuickBooks application.
- After that, sign in again in the QuickBooks application. You are not supposed to open the company file.
- Further, you are required to update the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, go to the Intuit Sync Manager to check for the version from the help menu. You are required to update the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Finally, you may not see the error like Error: Windows 10 QuickBooks has stopped working while syncing the application.
Step 5: Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10
Sometimes, Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error may occur while updating Windows 10. It can occur due to incompatible, damaged, or missing components of Sync Manager.
However, to solve the issue, the following steps are to be performed:
- First, close the QuickBooks Company File and QuickBooks Application.
- After that, you are required to update the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Then, select the Sync Manager option available in the System Tray and then choose the exit option to close the sync Manager.
- Further, you need to find the Sync Manager folder through the file path:
- Now, restart your computer and launch the QuickBooks program.
- Finally, if the QB sync Manager Error persists, you can try syncing the data again.
Step 6: Configure Intuit Sync Manager
You can reset the QuickBooks Data Sync matrix by following the below steps.
Furthermore, it will assist you in making a fresh start by deleting previous logs, allowing you to resolve the QuickBooks sync Manager Error.
- At first, open the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- In the Help menu, choose the Manage Data Sync icon.
- You will have to reset the application and then select Reset Data as it displays on the screen.
- At the final stage, sign again in Sync Manager with the proper credentials.
Step 7: Download and Reinstall Intuit Sync Manager
- At first, Click to open the QuickBooks application along with the company file facing issues with Intuit Sync Manager.
- Then, either locally or on an external media, make a backup of your company file.
- After that, select the Windows option and click to open the Control Panel.
- Moving ahead, click on the Programs and Features icon on the installed Program list.
- Further, select the Uninstall/Change option available on the installed programs list and uninstall QuickBooks.
- Select the Intuit Folders in a specific order and then press the F2 key to rename them.
Note: To rename the folders, add .OLD to the end of the name.
- Then, go to the Window Task Manager to close all the QuickBooks processes.
- Download of the new version of the QuickBooks application is necessary.
- You are to follow the Installation Wizard instructions till the process of installation is finished.
- Finally, you have to open and activate the QuickBooks application to check its proper functioning of it.
CONTACT QUICKBOOKS ERROR SUPPORT
With the above procedure, you can efficiently troubleshoot the error in a hassle-free manner and can know the working of the QuickBooks sync manager. If you need further assistance, reach us out at our QuickBooks error support number – +1888-858-6199.
FAQ’s QUICKBOOKS SYNC MANAGER ERROR
How do I get rid of Intuit Sync Manager Error?
Go to Programs > Control Panel > Apps > INTUIT SYNC MANAGER. Click on uninstall or repair.
What does Intuit Sync Manager do?
Intuit Sync Manager helps to synchronize data with the online server to all users.
How do I fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error?
At first, close the QuickBooks Company File and use QuickBooks Tool Hub.