Fix QuickBooks Online Desktop App Not Working
QuickBooks online desktop app is one of the preferred accounting software for small and medium scale businesses to manage their financial transactions. With the help of accounting software, users can easily record transactions and track their profits. However, there are certain bugs and errors that users face while working on the software. One such error that degrades the user experience is the online desktop app crashing multiple times. If your QuickBooks online desktop app stops and crashes frequently, you must resolve the issue without any delays to avoid further complications. Read the article to the end to know about the causes and fixation methods of the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Online Desktop App Not Working
There must be ample reasons that result in QuickBooks online desktop app crash and failure. It becomes essential for users to understand the cause for applying fixation methods.
Some of the major causes of the QuickBooks online desktop app not working are:
- When there is corruption on the hard drive of the system, the error might appear on the screen, and QuickBooks online desktop app might crash multiple times.
- If the Windows operating system is damaged, the online desktop app will crash and not work efficiently.
- If the QuickBooks installation is done properly, the error will appear on the screen.
- When the QBWUSER.INI file is missing or damaged, the desktop app will crash and freeze without any prior warning.
- If the system is attacked by viruses and important QuickBooks files are damaged, users will see the error.
These are some of the major causes that lead to the QuickBooks online desktop app not working in error. In the next part, we will list the various fixation methods that you can use to resolve the issue and avoid any data loss.
Resolution Methods of QuickBooks Online Dekstop App Not Working
Since frequent crashes and lags can degrade the experience for users, we will list some of the effective methods that you can use to resolve the error. To resolve the QuickBooks online desktop app not working error, use the methods listed below.
Rename the QBWUSER.ini File
Since we know that the damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file is one of the major causes of the error, you can rename the file and resolve the issue without hassle. To rename the QBWUSER.ini file:
- Firstly locate and open the file location where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved. If you cannot locate the file, enable the hidden files and folders.
- Once the file is located, rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Also, you must rename the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file
- Reopen the QuickBooks desktop app
Download, Install & Run QuickBooks Tool Hub 2022
In case you are not aware, the QuickBooks Tool Hub is designed to fix the common errors and ensure hassle-free working on the QuickBooks software. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download and install QuickBooks desktop Tool Hub:
- Close the QuickBooks online desktop app completely
- Search for the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it on your computer system. If you have already installed the tool, check for the latest version.
- Once the tool is downloaded, open and install the file.
- You must agree to all the terms and conditions and finish the installation
- Once the tool is installed, open the tool hub.
- In the tool hub, search for the Program Problems.
- Select the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will run for some time and detect errors leading to frequent crashes on the app.
- Once the program diagnostic tool process is finished, restart your computer to make the necessary changes.
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub offers various tools that you can use to resolve different errors of the QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic is one such tool that you can use if the QuickBooks online desktop app is not working. Follow the points stated below to resolve the error.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- From the program problems, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let the tool run.
- Once the process is finished, restart your operating system to apply the changes.
Contact Error Support Desk
If apps still don’t work still after implementing the methods listed above, you must reach out to the error support team of QuickBooks desktop experts for a quick repair.