Fix QuickBooks error the file you specified cannot be opened
Quickbooks is a bookkeeping software widely used across the world. Like any other software, it has some errors that need to be fixed for doing the task uninterrupted. One of the most common errors is QuickBooks Error “The file you specified cannot be opened”. If you are also facing this issue, this article is for you as here we will discuss the causes of this error occurring and how to fix it.
Why Does This Error Occur?
This error may occur if QuickBooks has downloaded software or payroll updates and now it is unable to install those updates because of the Windows user approvals or user control settings in windows view on windows 7 or 8.
Points to follow before starting the process
Before you start troubleshooting this issue, there are some points you should follow.
- Click on ‘OK‘ continuously till the error message gets updated 100%.
- Now close and then again open QuickBooks.
- Make sure you have the latest QuickBooks version.
- Close QuickBooks software and restart your desktop.
- After it restarts, right-click on QuickBooks and choose ‘Run as administrator.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error “the file you specified cannot be opened”?
Follow the below-mentioned step to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1: Ensure QuickBooks is updated
Update your QuickBooks desktop using the desktop update wizard.
Step 2: Switch to another internet connection to confirm that your internet connection is not creating any issues.
Change network connection to check whether the current network has an active internet connection.
Step 3: Appropriate Windows permissions for QuickBooks
It is important to set up the Windows users to get access to the files present in the QuickBooks desktop folder.
To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the ‘Properties option‘.
- Choose the ‘Security‘ tab
- Also, select ‘Edit‘.
- Tap on to the ‘Add‘ option,
- Now, the user has to enter ‘Everyone‘.
- Once it is done, you have to hit ‘OK‘
- Now, select the ‘Full Control‘ option.
- Now, you have to repeat Step 2 and 3 respectively,
(Note- Make sure to enter ‘Users‘ in place of Everyone. )
- Now you have to select ‘Apply‘.
- Lastly, hit ‘OK‘ and the problem should be fixed.
Step 4: Altering the User Account Control Settings
Perform the whole process you’ve done earlier. This time, you have to temporarily turn off the ‘User Account Control‘.
If the error is solved, it means that the current security setting is not compatible with QuickBooks.
Step 5: Configuring the Internet and Firewall security settings
Some users said that the firewall and internet security settings block the access of the QuickBooks Desktop. You have to configure the firewall and favorite settings so that they work in your favor.
Step 6: Run Reboot.bat
If a QB desktop process gets stuck, some users have confirmed that a restart can troubleshoot the issue perfectly. That’s why you should try giving your software a fresh start. For this, run reboot.bat.
Step 7: Fixing QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes, the quick book folders and files require some maintenance. You can check if the problem is the same. Running a QuickBooks repair may help you with that.
Step 8: Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop with the help of a clean install
You can also try replacing the old files with new ones. For this, you can use clean install. A fresh installation of QuickBooks desktop software may not have any issues.
If the problem doesn’t get fixed
If the problem doesn’t get fixed, you can try the methods mentioned below.
- Use the internet through a data cable when you retrieve the updates. Utilizing the WI-FI connection for the updates may lead to unexpected results.
- Now open user account control settings
- Go to Control panel
- If you use Windows 7 then, tap on the ‘Windows‘ button and then click on control panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, then press the ‘Start’ menu, and type to search ‘Control panel’. Now click on the control panel.
- If you are accessing from Windows 10 then, select ‘Search icon‘ on the taskbar and type Control Panel.
- Open the control panel by hitting it and enter ‘Change User Account Control‘ on the search bar.
- Now, you have to do two things
Turn off UAC
To do so,
- Move the slider to the “Never notify”
- Then choose ‘OK‘.
- Provide the password if asked.
- Restart your system
Turn on UAC
- Move the slider to choose when you need to get notified
- Tap ‘OK‘.
- Type the password or give confirmation.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Support
If you are still having the same issues, it’s advised to contact Quickbooks desktop support experts for further help. Their customer care service is very responsive, and you will get instant assistance.