Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
QuickBooks Error Code H505 in Multi-user (Easy Troubleshooting Guide)
Table of Contents
Quickbooks is one of the most popular payroll and accounting software from the house of Intuit. It has been quite amongst the global business leaders, as it offers multiple features about accounting, payroll, and billing. One of the most popular errors in QB Desktop is QuickBooks error code H505. In this article, we will discuss the solutions for QuickBooks error H505.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H505
QuickBooks error code H505 is triggered when a user tries to access the company files or any other form of data on a different computer that does not have the proper setup, or additional installation might be required.
Whenever we get any error starting with H, it means that the error is related to the host settings. This is just one quick way to identify the error source. One of the common causes of this error is more than one computer has been set as a QuickBooks server.
A user’s system is always allowed to function in a multi-user mode, but only that machine should be the server is the one which hosts the company files.
Common causes of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Some of the key reasons for Error code H505 is listed below:
- The firewall is blocking the communication to the company file.
- Host configuration settings are not correct.
- Quickbooks files and folders cannot be scanned with the Database server. The database server resides on the server.
- When the .nd file is corrupted or missing.
- When the QuickBooks application cannot trace the IP Address of the server.
- When DNS settings are not correct.
- When QuickBooksDBXX service is in a stopped or paused state, or not running.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code H505
There are multiple solutions to this error which we will explore in this section. We will start with basic solutions and explore some advanced solutions.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
One of the first things to do is to run QuickBooks File doctor. To run QuickBooks File doctor, follow the steps given below.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official QuickBooks site.
- Once the download is complete, run the executable file to install “Quick Books Tool Hub”.
- From the start menu, launch QuickBooks Tool Hub, and select “Company File Issues”.
- Navigate to the option “Quick Fix my File”.
- Click “Ok” on prompt, once this action is completed, launch the QuickBooks application.
- Check for the error. If it persists, click on ‘Company File Issues’, and then select “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- Select the appropriate company file, and then select the option “Check your file”. Then hit the “Continue” button.
- In the next screen, it will prompt for Admin password, put the admin password and then click on “Next”.
Post this, the scan will start. Once the scan is over, try checking if the error exists or not.
- If the error still exists, try repairing the file with the option “Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks”.
- If the last step doesn’t works then go back to the previous screen and select “Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks”, which will update the file.
For most of the errors starting with the H series, QuickBook File doctor scan and resolve the issue.
Verify the background services
QuickBook relies on certain services running in the background. Two key services which are required by QuickBooks are QuickBooksDBXX and QBFCMonitor.
- Hit the Windows key, and go running.
- In the Run window, type services. msc.
- Once the services window opens up, validate if QuickBooksDBXX and QBFCMonitor are running or they are in the stopped state.
- Before checking the services, ensure that Database Server Manager is installed on the server.
- Open each of these services, and ensure that the startup type is set up to automatic. The service status should be running. If it is not running, it can be started from the services window.
- If you find the services are running, but still we have the error, then go to the recovery tab and restart the service.
- Before you exit the services window, save the changes by clicking on the “Save” tab.
Also Read, How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Checking the Hosting
As error H505 is mostly related to the hosts, it is important to check the host settings.
- Launch QuickBooks on each of the hosts.
- Once it is launched, go to File -> Utilities.
- If you see the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”, then choose it.
- Now go to the “Company” tab.
- Choose the option “File Must Be Closed window”.
- Then click on “Yes”.
Edit the Host file
If the previous steps didn’t work, then editing the file could be the next step. Before we edit the host file, we have to get the “Hostname & IP Address”. We can get this information by running the command “ipconfig/all” from the command prompt.
Once you have the required information, follow the steps given below.
- Exit and ShutDown QuickBooks.
- Go to “Start Menu”.
- Then go the following path: “C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\ Etc.
- In this location, hosts files will be available. If they are hidden, unhide them from the folder options.
- Right-click on the host files, open them in notepad.
- Then populate the IP Address and Computer in these files, that have been collected before.
- Save the changes and launch the QuickBooks application in multi-user mode.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support to Resolve Error Code H505
If you are still getting QuickBooks error H505 after trying these troubleshooting steps in this guide. Contact QuickBooks Error Support experts and get any QuickBooks desktop error resolved within no time.