Fix QuickBooks Error 3140
QuickBooks Error Code 3140 or 3120
Table of Contents
In today’s world, where technology seems to provide economic and efficient service in around every industry, there is QuickBooks which is providing solutions to almost all the business requirements. Be it providing the latest flow of goods or calculating the equity of a business, QuickBooks is a go-to destination to get it all done.
When so many services are provided at one platform, then it is certain that few difficulties may arise, which specifically are the status QuickBooks errors like QuickBooks error 3140 & 3120 in this case. There are many errors that may occur in this software.
This article is to inform you about the meaning, reasons, and especially the troubleshooting for the QuickBooks status error 3140 or 3120.
QuickBooks Error 3140
Mostly it appears when the window of the active program starts to crash, it results in the window functioning slowly or might even cease the system for a while.
There are a number of reasons that result to this error and can happen anytime still, there are certain situations which it is most likely to happen-
- Corruption in QuickBooks software download or improper installation of software is the key cause of the error.
- Virus infection in the computer or system is one of the causes.
- If there is an unknown deletion of a QuickBooks company file.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 3140
Now we jump into the main intention of the blog which is to inform you on how to tackle the error. We have categorized the steps in a way that makes it easy for users to understand the steps. The steps are as follows
1- Cleaning the Junk Files
This might sound too basic to apply, but it is required for the swift functioning of the software. The technique not only makes the QuickBooks software more fast and efficient but also improves the efficiency of the whole system.
2- Backup the QuickBooks related registry entry
Following steps have to be performed for it-
- Step 1: Select the “start tab ” then search for “command option”
- Step 2: Press and hold the “ctrl+shift” key along with “enter”
- Step 3: Afterwards, a permission dialog box will appear, select “yes”
- Step 4: A black box with a blinking cursor will appear on screen, now type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”
- Step 5: Select the error-related key in the registry editor, which will be used in creating the backup.
- Step 6: Click on the “export option” on the File menu after completing the above steps.
- Step 7: Then choose a folder to save the backup from “save-in list”.
- Step 8: Afterwards, give a name to the backup file. Also, make sure to select “branch option” in the export range box.
- Step 9: Now save the option with reg. file extension.
- Step 10: Almost done, now the only thing left is to have “Backup of registry entry”.
3- Install the latest system updates
- To perform this step you should first go to the search section of the system by clicking the start button
- After the above step-type “update” in the search tab and click enter.
- Then a dialog box will appear, click on the “install updates” if any updates are available.
Note: If the name of any account is in brackets ([ ]) then it means that the account is not mapped.
Learn how to download & set up QuickBooks tool hub
QuickBooks Error 3120
Now let’s throw some light on the other side of this error i.e. QuickBooks error 3120
If the above image appears on your desktop, then it indicates QuickBooks error code 3120. It occurs when the payment download crashes while trying to do it through invoices that seemed correct but were not.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3120
- Some prominent reasons for the error are –
- When there is an inaccuracy in the mapping of accounts.
- The first exchange was corrupted or damaged
- QuickBooks Point Of Sale (POS) is not set accurately.
- Rapid Inventory’s business arrangements are disrupted.
- The invoice user compares does not match with QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 3120
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale and select Preferences from under the file tab
- Select Workstation to reach the account-preference section.
- Now make sure that the account you selected for mapping is accurate under the Advanced and Basic tabs.
- A blank third bracket of the account name indicates the fault I. set up of account, you need to add an account to account name section to rectify the problem.
- In the account name section, enter the required information, and from under the Options tab select save.
- Now add or update a transaction to check whether you are still getting QuickBooks error 3120.
- After resolving the error, activate the default QuickBooks Mapping option
After reading the article, you shall be able to resolve QuickBooks error 3140 or Error 3120 by yourself.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts to Repair QuickBooks Error 3140
If troubleshooting steps provided in this support article do not help you fix QuickBooks Error 3140. Contact QuickBooks desktop support experts on +1888-300-6790. Get instant repair for any QuickBooks desktop-related error.