Create, Edit or Delete account in QuickBooks Desktop
In this article, learn how to create, edit, and delete accounts in QuickBooks Desktop from Chart of Accounts.
Why do you need an account in QuickBooks Desktop?
When you create an account in Chart of accounts. The user will be able to see the list of all the accounts & their balances.
User will be able to track how revenue, the money flow & other reports important for business operations.
How to create an account in QuickBooks Desktop
To create an account in QuickBooks follow the steps:-
Navigate to Lists on the top menu of QuickBooks Desktop, then click on the Chart of Accounts option.
Click on the Account option at the bottom, then click on New to create a new account in QuickBooks desktop.
Choose the account type, then click on Continue option.
Add the account details in provided section.
Click on the Subaccount of the checkbox if the account that you are adding is a child account, remember to choose the parent account from the drop-down menu after the Subaccount of option. Then, Click on Save & Close
How to Edit an Account in QuickBooks Desktop
If you want to edit an account in your chart f accounts for QuickBooks desktop:-
- Go to the list option on the top menu.
- Click on Chart of accounts and then select the account you want to edit.
- At the bottom, click on the account option & then edit.
- After you make the changes, click on save & close.
How to Delete an Account in QuickBooks Desktop
If you have created duplicate accounts or added an account twice. Follow these steps to delete account in QuickBooks Desktop:-
- Go to list option on the top menu of QuickBooks desktop
- Choose the account and right-click on it
- Click on the delete option & then ok